Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Let's see your F's in the snow.

Here's mine after another attempt to find some. Just a short video but I'd been playing for a bit beforehand along with a five series who decided to join me lol.

I didn't know that the traction control button has off and really off settings. You gotta be quick to catch the rear end in this setting :laugh:

VID_20171230_132817~3.mp4

24 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m Mike a lot of us can't watch footage on that format any chance of chucking it on YouTube and doing a link ?

🐀

Try this, not the most exciting but we had fun lol.

• Like 2

@mike m Thanks for doing that matey, there is a huge benefit of having some safe controlled fun like this as it gives us that sensation of what to do as when we may need it in an emergency, and or when the back steps out in the wet.

🐀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Did you have snow mode on . Did it make any difference? 

I did going back because the snow had come on heavy. It dulls the throttle quite abit. In the video the traction control was completely off. Push and hold the button and two orange lights appear.

36 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@mike m Thanks for doing that matey, there is a huge benefit of having some safe controlled fun like this as it gives us that sensation of what to do as when we may need it in an emergency, and or when the back steps out in the wet.

🐀

Aye it was good fun, the TRC really does well then when you think it's off it lets you play, really off is suicidal lol

• Like 1

@mike m @Warrington guy Mike and Dave here is great article from back in the day from 'The Rat Archives' this is when CAR MAGAZINE ran an isF as a long term test vehicle...... a good read IMO especially the snow section.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/long-term-tests/lexus/lexus-is-f-saloon-long-term-test-review/#IS-F in the snow

Big Rat

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Big rat . Haven’t had chance to use my snow button . We don’t seem to see snow in Cheshire.But there’s lots of rain tho 😳

We’ve had loads of snow here, and my RCF coped superbly. Didn’t wheelspin in the garage once!

She did come out of the garage, but as you can see, there is a cloud in the sky, so she was quickly put back under cover!!

5207FF9C-72CB-4E0E-B4C1-9A579F97CAFF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Big Rat lol used to be a formidable sight in the rear view mirror. And to think they said they had trouble catching me in my Supra one day ... that's not what i saw lol.

• Haha 1