Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Ebay ISF - Anyone know it?

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

The "facelift car"  as they call it, didn't appear with the revised dash, sat nav, LSD etc all in one go, some 2011 cars have some of the changes but not others, the car featured in Modern Classics at the moment was my car and as you can see from the photos it doesn't have the updated clocks but does have the upgraded sat nav and later LSD, signified by the blue panel at the bottom of the steering wheel, I am sure there were a couple of other mistakes but without reading the whole bloody thing again I cant remember them. 

OK - I had noticed a variety of gradual changes across cars, the dash and headlights seem to have been some of the later/rarer updates - nice of Lexus to keep things simple. 

I just need to find one localish to me for a test drive as I've only ever seen 1 ISF and not driven one yet, had hoped to see the one at Lexus Leicester but that seems to have gone now.

1 hour ago, Nutey said:

OK - I had noticed a variety of gradual changes across cars, the dash and headlights seem to have been some of the later/rarer updates - nice of Lexus to keep things simple. 

I just need to find one localish to me for a test drive as I've only ever seen 1 ISF and not driven one yet, had hoped to see the one at Lexus Leicester but that seems to have gone now.

What's your budget and requirements...? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

What's your budget and requirements...? 

Budget is up to £20k ish and the perfect car would be Blue with Black Leather but I understand that's a rare combination, next best would be grey, then silver. Facelift would be nice but I probably need to drive both to see if it's worth it. Not at the stage of travelling hundreds of miles just yet until I'm 100% that the ISF is for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutey said:

Budget is up to £20k ish and the perfect car would be Blue with Black Leather but I understand that's a rare combination, next best would be grey, then silver. Facelift would be nice but I probably need to drive both to see if it's worth it. Not at the stage of travelling hundreds of miles just yet until I'm 100% that the ISF is for me.

Fair enough, yes blue with black is very rare. I'm grey with white leather. Considering selling mine but the Dury is still out.... 🤔 

@Big Rat Yes my Blue Mink paint has peeled from the primer too. Apparently all the Silver fox and Blue Mink did that if they didn't completely rot away to dust first. 

Now a boring it but stick with it......... Mine is a Mk 2 series 1 with the gauges on top of the dash and full chrome Rostyle wheels and yours was a Mk 2 series 2 which had the gauges lower in the dash and steel wheels. A few other differences too, not least front doors are a very slightly different on the leading edge and windscreen apertures 2 mm smaller................ so the art of the facelift not a new thing which links this to this tread.

Back to ISF............Granting @Mark G point made about facelift items coming in over time, which I would expect as parts bins run out and or new bits come on line is there any science or timeline to know what to expect?  for instance is one thing the last thing to change so if you have that you have it all??    Of course its buyer beware and do the research but are there any other bits to check in a claimed "facelift" model.    Should I be searching for another thread on hear that tells all this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Fair enough, yes blue with black is very rare. I'm grey with white leather. Considering selling mine but the Dury is still out.... 🤔 

Shame, just can't get on with white leather...

54 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

@Big Rat Yes my Blue Mink paint has peeled from the primer too. Apparently all the Silver fox and Blue Mink did that if they didn't completely rot away to dust first. 

Now a boring it but stick with it......... Mine is a Mk 2 series 1 with the gauges on top of the dash and full chrome Rostyle wheels and yours was a Mk 2 series 2 which had the gauges lower in the dash and steel wheels. A few other differences too, not least front doors are a very slightly different on the leading edge and windscreen apertures 2 mm smaller................ so the art of the facelift not a new thing which links this to this tread.

Back to ISF............Granting @Mark G point made about facelift items coming in over time, which I would expect as parts bins run out and or new bits come on line is there any science or timeline to know what to expect?  for instance is one thing the last thing to change so if you have that you have it all??    Of course its buyer beware and do the research but are there any other bits to check in a claimed "facelift" model.    Should I be searching for another thread on hear that tells all this?

@gb1600e I don’t recollect there being a specific thread that lists all the different changes, I’m happy to be proved wrong though there is a huge amount of info to troll through on the American site it could take quite a while.

I remember one article on the suspension changes there it was well written but I’m somewhat doubtful that in day to day use you’ll feel much difference with any of the model years.

Big Rat

3 hours ago, Nutey said:

Shame, just can't get on with white leather...

It does look sharp against certain colours but I appreciate it require some extra tlc to keep it looking its best. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links