Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Seat Failure - Help!

Last night I was adjusting the lumber support on the drivers seat when the seat stopped adjusting, dash lights dimmed for a split second and now none of the seats buttons work whatsoever. Passenger side is fine and heated seats still work on broken seat. I was hoping it was a blown fuse but going off the owners manual the fuse that controls the power seats also controls lots of other things such as headlights, smart entry etc. 

Any ideas and advice greatly appreciated 

If none of the actions on that seat are working I would hazard a guess that it is a supply problem and not the seat/switches themselves, as the movement is done via motors and these draw lots of current on initial movement ( especially if a person is sat on the seat, which 99.9% of the time they will be!) Along with any fuses I would expect some relays to be involved due to this high current draw.

really need a circuit diagram for this and I can't help on that (at the moment)

paul m.

• Like 1

Have you tried a rummage under the seat (bit difficult I know) to ascertain if the plugs are all nice and tight?

Nothing spilt at any time, a water bottle slipped under there and leaked maybe?

Be careful of any airbag connections though.

• Like 1

Normski - nothing spilt. Sat in the car with engine running, using the lumbar button. I’ve a feeling I might have held on to the button after maxing it out. Sounds like it’s an auto electrician might be needed

Have you checked the small fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side. I believe there is a separate 30amp fuse for the drivers seat located there. 

From your description of what happened it would certainly appear to be a fuse failure but you will need to find out what caused the problem to avoid a repeat.

Hope this helps.

10 minutes ago, Beamish said:

Have you checked the small fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side. I believe there is a separate 30amp fuse for the drivers seat located there. 

From your description of what happened it would certainly appear to be a fuse failure but you will need to find out what caused the problem to avoid a repeat.

Hope this helps.

Thanks For the info.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:37 PM, Beamish said:

Hope this helps.

It was a blown fuse, thankfully. Thanks again for the advice