Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was driving into work this morning, having not used the car for a while, and noticed a strange bongo like sound which I’d not noticed before. At first it sounded like it was coming from the nearside front but after a while it seemed to be coming from the offside rear. All very confusing. It appeared to be either suspension or brake related and wondered if I had a seized calliper or two having not used the car for almost two weeks. Was getting a bit concerned at this stage so slowed down in the inside lane of the motorway and turned the stereo off to try and identify exactly where it was coming from but it seemed to have disappeared and thought maybe it’s speed related. Accelerated up to 80 in the outside lane and it definitely seemed to have gone. Ah well, I thought maybe it’s sorted itself out so put the music back on and it reappeared. Turned out it was actual bongos! Thanks Mark Levinson. Was listening to the low spark of high heeled boys by traffic and could heat a level of detail I’d not heard before. Love this car!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve had squeaks and rattles on all sorts of car over the years .

I’ve tried to enlist the help of the blonde lady I married to track down the noises.

One was her bracelet scratching on the centre console, she didn’t have the slightest clue it was her, didn’t have the slightest clue it stopped when I asked her to trace the noise and she moved her arm. 

She still puts her arm next to the console oblivious to the noise.

She’s a bloody nightmare in the car. I should start a thread on that alone.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Verbout said:

She’s a bloody nightmare in the car. I should start a thread on that alone.

Wives in cars. There's a thread that would run and run.........

My wife never hears any noises in the car but that's maybe because she never stops telling me how to drive!

• Haha 1

If I have something moving around in the glove box I have to stop and sort it. My wife will happily sit and ignore it, totally oblivious to it. I'm sure the bottom could be about to fall out of the engine and she would just carry on regardless.

I think it may be women in general, my first wife was the same. On one  trip in our old Vette,, every time we went round a sharp bend, there was a definite clunk. I spent ages wondering what it may be. It turned out to be a large lemonade bottle rolling around in HER footwell.

• Like 1

This thread is taking a turn.

My wife decides to take her coat off while I'm shooting down the motorway, the seatbelt warning suddenly starts bleeping, a red light on the dash starts flashing and my heart misses several beats thinking the car is terminal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

My wife finds it strange that I can hear every buzz, rattle, creak or squeak in a car, no matter how quiet, yet I sometimes can't hear what she's saying!

Thats all of us menfolk isnt it :-)

You are all lucky chaps!, My wife is terrified if i go over the speedlimit or come too close to another car. Large trucks have her special attention....

Thats why we never take the Lexus on holidays and i am forced to drive like a half blind turtle when she is there!