Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,

Im looking to buy a new rear section of my exhaust, the two back boxes. This is because i had custom boxes fitted and now its too loud for me so just want to go back standard.

When i search to buy it on eBay, there are a few that are listed for 06-08 models only and when i message them they say it wont fit my car.

My car is a 2009 on a 58 plate SR model and i think its a pre-facelift because i dont have the newer rear lights or the front bumper.

Would the exhaust still fit anyways or is there a difference, if so any idea's on where i could buy one as iv'e been looking for ages ?

This is one of them iv'e messaged about and they said it wont fit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS250-SALOON-2-5-PETROL-RWD-2005-2008-REAR-EXHAUST-SILENCER/112521866538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Any info would be great cheers.

Try having a look on here for your car and see what the exhaust part number is and that may help.

I have a is250 2007 and it has a part number of 17430-31490 for that part.

Might help you narrow it down a bit especially if you get the Lexus part number

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

I just checked that site and mine is the same as yours 

PIPE ASSY, EXHAUST, TAIL
17430-31490

Because mines an SR model and i think they only made the SR in the pre-facelift body

so what do you reckon about that eBay link i posted. you think that should still fit my car even though its out of the age range because that toyo site says mine uses the older exhaust?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS250-SALOON-2-5-PETROL-RWD-2005-2008-REAR-EXHAUST-SILENCER/112521866538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I also found this site that does the exhaust from that item code off that site, costs about £50 more than the eBay one. 

https://www.excelparts.co.uk/product/197975/lexus-is250-is350-is2xxd-exhaust-backbox-17430-31490-2-5-2463-cc-4grfse.html

Just done a little more research and turns out theres another part code for the exhausts, LEX6012 and LEX6013

6012 is the common one for 06-08 cars and the 6013 for the 08+. All the sites require a phone call for the prices on the 6013 so will give them a ring

God knows whats the difference between the two

No they all use the same generic picture and just the number changes.

Bet the price of it is like 200 more havent had time to phone them yet but I have emailed them 

download.jpeg

according to that link its listed for 06-13 models. 1 out of the 5 eBay adverts lists it for 06-13 reg also while the rest only list for 06-08.

How can some places say they are for the whole range and others not. I reckon the ones listed for 06-08 would fit my car but i dont want to risk spending £200 on something that has a chance it may not.

Like that site you first sent me Ken, it has the same part number as one for your 07 reg.  

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

It should fit. As far as I'm aware the only change Lexus made with the generation 2 IS250 exhaust was the tailpipe design. 

Ah..was that the change from oval pipe to round??

@Skyjaws......can you get some pictures of and existing 09 IS250 exhaust from somewhere?

My stock exhaust had oval tips, well they look oval lol

DSC_0120_LI.thumb.jpg.61bb6c3ca477852224df4ef2be1302d7.jpg

this is a pic of the one someone sells that is listed for 06-08 only and it has round tips. its from the eBay ad i posted before

s.l1600.jpg.6b1c7895696971b6462fcd699b0dbec4.jpg

Ive looked on eBay at 06 , 09 and 10 plate cars and they all have oval tips

my current exhaust tips are still oval and much bigger, too bad my boxes are really small so its quite loud, thats why i want to go back standard and just put bigger tips on

DSC_0380.jpg.ef3a7002c3e83b7de6035e73deaa42d4.jpg

Would be interesting to get a part number from Lexus themselves, maybe you already have that, but cannot believe the exhaust, in it's main parts, would be drastically different.

This is a difficult one.  Maybe worth a visit to your local Lexus dealer and explain your predicament and ask them to have a look and give you a price, and part numbers, of replacing with an OEM rear exhaust.  Test their famed customer service and see what they say/do.  Or call them.

All the exhaust ends are round. The tips are just push-on stainless steel (note: not chrome) trims - and they are all the same (from 2005) if they haven't been removed or changed.

BTW - those  'standard' rear silencers etc sections in the diagram are after market and quite cheap - far from standard. They may, or probably will not, be as quiet as original Lexus ones and almost certainly not as durable. But original ones cost an arm and a leg.