Mighty_Mouse

Central Locking & Interior Dome Light Issues

Hi I wonder if anyone can help?

I bought a Y Reg IS200 in June last year, 1 previous owner with 71k miles on the clock and serviced every year by Lexus. It has served me very well and I am very happy with it, however a few months ago the interior dome light stopped working all of a sudden. Then last week, I tried to lock the car using my key remote and nothing happened. I tried the 2 spare key/fobs to lock and unlock the car but to no avail. I replaced the Battery in the main fob and am still having no luck. 2 days ago I bought a replacement interior dome bulb from official Lexus parts, but after fitting it it is still not working.

I'm hoping it's a simple issue such as a fuse, and not something more serious! Any thoughts/experience/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hi,

Just a thought,try cleaning the contacts on the door interior light switches.

Be careful not to lose the wire as there isn't much spare (tie a piece of string just behind the spade connector).

Hope this helps. 

After countless hours scouring the internet and this forum (including 2 trips to Lexus who wanted to charge me £196 to investigate), I finally fixed the problem... The 7.5 amp dome fuse in the passenger foot well had blown, and after replacing it the interior lights and central locking has started working normally again! 

Hope this helps anyone who may come across something similar in future.

IMG-20180105-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 1

After a £200 quote from Lexus I'll bet you were chuffed when you found that. Well done. I wonder if the dealer would have charged you that...?

I was very happy! Very surprised though that 2 different technicians (?) from a Lexus dealership AND someone from their parts/servicing department dismissed or didn't entertain the idea of it being a blown fuse :whistling: 

Glad you found the issue, this is a common problem, and had I seen this post I would have pointed you in that direction first.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Amardeep
      Happy new year all,
      Just joined as I'm finally glad to become an owner of a 2014 NX300h Premier, so happy with the car!
      The first thing I plan to do is hardwire a dash cam. I've found the fusebox in the passenger side footwell, but I don't seem to be able to find a detailed description of all the fuses anywhere. There are some fuses which seem to feed a variety of circuits, and some fuses seem specific to certain function in the car. Does anyone have a clue, for example, what the "ECU-IG NO.1-5" fuses actually feed?
      Also, has anyone found a grounding point/screw near their fusebox? I saw a screw near the fusebox but its screwed into black plastic and I'm not sure if it is actually grounded. I don't have a multimeter either, so before I buy one I thought I'd see if anyone here knows for sure.

• By C Andrew Green
      Hi,
      I'm planning to hardwire my Viofo A119 dashcam (as it came with a hardwire kit) and hoping to put the adaptor in the dome light housing.
      Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the dome light wiring? I had a poke around the dome light connector (both side pictured below) with a meter at lunchtime but it was somewhat inconclusive...... I found a permanent 12V but couldn't find an additional feed that was alive with the ignition....
      Anyone else done this?
      Regards,
      Andrew

• By Zlightbulb80
      Having a nightmare.
      Lexus IS 220d SE-I
      1) Battery died
      2) Replaced for new. COCKED UP, got the polarity wrong and fried the electrics.
      3) Checked all fuses, replaced several micro fuses and the entire fusible link. CAR 90% works, fully drivable etc however,
      PROBLEM
      Windows - The on side (passenger) front and rear windows do not work from the doors themselves or the driver's master switch, completely dead. Also the red light at the bottom of the passenger front door isn't illuminated suggesting it might not be just the windows? The wing mirrors do work however (illuminate and fold in, separate circuit??).
      Climate Controls - A separate point, the climate controls are dead, the stereo is operable from the steering wheel and the clock displays, but the main unit above with heating, air con and stereo adjustment is dead. Any ideas?
    • By wildpolish
      Hi,
      A few days ago I hit a pothole and broke the spring coil (gggrrrrrrr).
      Today noticed that the central locking doesn't work from the key(does from remote but only 3 doors -without driver's), light on the ceiling console doesn't work when set to door position and the steering , mostly nit working, headrest adjustment not working either. Power window -only drivers side works
      Went roughly through the fuses, seem to look ok.
      Car took massive shook.
      Any ideas?
    • By lyle
      Hi my 200is remote locking and alarm activation suddenly stoped working. Press the lock or unlock and nothing happens, not even indicator lights flash.
      Central locking working from main switch but not from door lock with key.
      The car starts no problem. 
      What I have done is replace Battery in both keys. Both the light on key flashing bright.
      Tryed recoding key with 5 lock method. It gose threw the complete sequence but still nothing. 
      Checked all 3 fuse boxes. 
      Any advice as to what I can check or try or possible problem.