Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

[Gen4] Transmission oil change

Yet another question about the Gen4 GS450h.

Does anyone got any experience with the gearbox oil change ? According to Lexus-tech.eu it should be inspected on 40K miles and I assumed changed at the 80K mark. Severe conditions asks for 30k check and 60k change.

In my current Gen3 I've change it when it was 100k miles. 

For me personally all the oil for life stories  are rubbish, unless you define car life as 3y/60k miles :)

Have you asked for it or it was just done as part of the service ? In UK when I asked at some dealers they told me they only checking oil condition (I guess by looking at it) and change if something looks wrong.

13 hours ago, Hangie said:

Yet another question about the Gen4 GS450h.

Does anyone got any experience with the gearbox oil change ? According to Lexus-tech.eu it should be inspected on 40K miles and I assumed changed at the 80K mark. Severe conditions asks for 30k check and 60k change.

In my current Gen3 I've change it when it was 100k miles. 

For me personally all the oil for life stories  are rubbish, unless you define car life as 3y/60k miles :)

As I understand it Krzy, "oil for life" means the life of the vehicle which is interpreted by manufacturers as model life, usually 5 or 7 years.

My Merc has its Transmission oil changed every 40,000 miles and it has covered 218,000 miles so far without hiccup.

I`ve not yet had the Lexus Transmission oil changed and it is now on 50,000 miles.

• 3 years later...
25 minutes ago, Socket786 said:

Can anyone recommend a garage in the Northwest of UK to do a gearbox oil change, local lexus won't touch it as they deem its not required.

Try Ribble View Garage in Preston.

It is recommended for Servicing etc by one of our esteemed Members who lives close to it.