Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H F Sport MY2017 Rear End Conversion

Howdy

Here is my MY2017 genuine diffuser with matching tailpipe trims the garage managed to avoid welding on the tailpipes. Basically they fabricated the 2017 exhaust trims to fit  the OEM rear box and the only sacrificial element is cutting off the curve end of the pipe, So if the exhaust needs replacing you can take the trims off and reinstall.

If Mods/Admin allow I can pass on the garage details who can either supply and fit, OR supply everything (inc diffuser) and modded trims for the competent diy'er to have a go. Its a simple process IMO and pricing is cheaper than Lexus UK

Pics below..

20180106_151205.jpg

20180106_155409.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S88HON said:

Howdy

Here is my MY2017 genuine diffuser with matching tailpipe trims the garage managed to avoid welding on the tailpipes. Basically they fabricated the 2017 exhaust trims to fit  the OEM rear box and the only sacrificial element is cutting off the curve end of the pipe, So if the exhaust needs replacing you can take the trims off and reinstall.

If Mods/Admin allow I can pass on the garage details who can either supply and fit, OR supply everything (inc diffuser) and modded trims for the competent diy'er to have a go. Its a simple process IMO and pricing is cheaper than Lexus UK

Pics below..

20180106_151205.jpg

20180106_154749.jpg

20180106_155351.jpg

20180106_155358.jpg

20180106_155409.jpg

Great work - certainly looks great!

IMO much better than the facelifted one with its somewhat odd rear lights as well

Hey mate ! That looks good, wish the hybrid didn't have hidden exhausts !!! Even the new LS500h is hidden now !!! Other car companies BMW / Merc hybrids arent hidden !!! Even the RC300h isn't !!! So the exhaust trim isn't welded ? You know recently I bought a prefacelift (brand new) IS250/200t OEM rear diffuser (all I need is find some exhaust tips) but I am waiting for some rear corner splitters to arrive from USA then get everything done at same time ! I originally wanted to get the facelift one but weren't sure those exhaust tips would fit on, can I ask if you know or able to measure the exhaust pipe diameter inside the trim ? It is either 50 or 60mm radius !! that make it easier for me to choose my exhaust tip for my new diffuser if I know which one ! If that exhaust pipe inside that exhaust trim is part of it and not part of original exhaust then don't worry !!! Thanks !

Great bit of work looks proper and the way they all should look IMO.

I wonder if you could use the rear diffuser off the RX200T and put that on the 450H which would make the rear end of that look better.

3 hours ago, ghost_killer said:

So the exhaust trim isn't welded ?  I originally wanted to get the facelift one but weren't sure those exhaust tips would fit on, can I ask if you know or able to measure the exhaust pipe diameter inside the trim ? It is either 50 or 60mm radius !! that make it easier for me to choose my exhaust tip for my new diffuser if I know which one ! If that exhaust pipe inside that exhaust trim is part of it and not part of original exhaust then don't worry !!! Thanks !

The trim itself is semi fabricated to fit/clamp onto the the existing cut pipe. I would personally prefer this method as before, if any impromptu exhaust change these trims can be removed without being cut if they were welded on. The OEM exhaust is around 55mm OD and the fabricated parts are stainless steel and has an OD of 57mm and the effectively sleeves onto the existing pipe increasing legroom for adjusting - welding is very risky as spot welding then grinding it off if the trim was askew if you know what I mean.

The garage has now made a template and if anyone is interested they can order the tailpipes and fab them up before sending. So its just a case of "cut and play"

20180103_153031.jpg

20180103_153837.jpg

20180103_153841.jpg

20180103_172306.jpg

20180103_172322.jpg

20180103_172413.jpg

20180106_130651.jpg

20180106_133930.jpg

2 hours ago, Eame64 said:

Great bit of work looks proper and the way they all should look IMO.

I wonder if you could use the rear diffuser off the RX200T and put that on the 450H which would make the rear end of that look better.

Having a quick look (I assume this is the latest shape RX) I honestly think its interchangable like the IS.. However its how far you want to go to explore this option! 

41 minutes ago, S88HON said:

The trim itself is semi fabricated to fit/clamp onto the the existing cut pipe. I would personally prefer this method as before, if any impromptu exhaust change these trims can be removed without being cut if they were welded on. The OEM exhaust is around 55mm OD and the fabricated parts are stainless steel and has an OD of 57mm and the effectively sleeves onto the existing pipe increasing legroom for adjusting - welding is very risky as spot welding then grinding it off if the trim was askew if you know what I mean.

The garage has now made a template and if anyone is interested they can order the tailpipes and fab them up before sending. So its just a case of "cut and play"

Thanks so much !! That helps me now, though getting the facelift tips isn't an option as I already bought the prefacelift IS250/200t diffusser but I find something ! I already got a Aim Gain diffusser from Japan fitted for  5 months so far, that shows the exhaust in a LS460 style or the trims anyway and the exhaust cut just like yours (had to just to accomodate/redirect the exhaust into the trim built into the diffuser the exhaust) and while it looks good I hate it because of the quality and noise it makes and the gaps between the bumper and diffuser ends not to mention made of fibreglass and no cut out for the r/h tow hook - need to remove diffuser to access it !! lol, wish I never bought it now and did what you're doing in first place ! Much money and effort wasted here despite going to another body shop trying to tweak and modify it, only bought it for the looks and rep not to mention fact this company is well known in tuning world making body kits/spoilers etc for cars like Mercs / Ferrari and Lamborghini as well as Jap cars like GTR etc....so thought it must be good, how wrong was i !! ranting over !! ha ha...

Just now, ghost_killer said:

Thanks so much !! That helps me now, though getting the facelift tips isn't an option as I already bought the prefacelift IS250/200t diffusser but I find something ! I already got a Aim Gain diffusser from Japan fitted for  5 months so far, that shows the exhaust or the trims anyway and the exhaust cut just like yours (had to just to accomodate/redirect the exhaust into the trim built into the diffuser the exhaust) and while it looks good I hate it because of the quality and noise it makes and the gaps between the bumper and diffuser ends not to mention made of fibreglass and no cut out for the r/h tow hook - need to remove diffuser to access it !! lol, wish I never bought it now and did what you're doing in first place ! Much money and effort wasted here despite going to another body shop trying to tweak and modify it, only bought it for the looks and rep not to mention fact this company is well known in tuning world making body kits/spoilers etc for cars like Mercs / Ferrari and Lamborghini as well as Jap cars like GTR etc....so thought it must be good, how wrong was i !! ranting over !! ha ha...

Sell your Aimgain setup and go OEM+ :) I'm sure someone will break your arm off for it..

2 minutes ago, S88HON said:

Sell your Aimgain setup and go OEM+ :) I'm sure someone will break your arm off for it..

I did think of it then again, sending it off unless I offer it real cheap and collection only.....never again using fibre glass, lucky I didn't get their side skirts !!! coming my way is some rear corner splitters made of plastic as with Modellista front corner splitters also plastic, just need paint & fitting !! :)

11 hours ago, S88HON said:

Having a quick look (I assume this is the latest shape RX) I honestly think its interchangable like the IS.. However its how far you want to go to explore this option! 

Yes i was referring to the 4RX because that came as a 200T option.Mind you the 450H only comes with one exhaust outlet from the rear but it still could be done for the aesthetics i presume.

On 09/01/2018 at 12:12 PM, Andrew888 said:

All in all,  around 750 quid landed and delivered, fitted and fabricated. Lexus for that parts alone quoted 798 Inc vat.. 

You got anything else planned for your car ? I cannot wait to get rid of the fibreglass crap diffuser, makes horrible noise where exhaust touches the trim :thumbdown::rifle: went to a car body shop yesterday to see if they can, 6 weeks wait as 'that time of year' lol and they don't weld exhausts / metal (for the exhaust) nor did they seem interested in working my car, just quick glance over the diffuser and the Modellista front lip LOL so I be taking it somewhere that can do all the work and is interested :)

14 hours ago, ghost_killer said:

You got anything else planned for your car ? I cannot wait to get rid of the fibreglass crap diffuser, makes horrible noise where exhaust touches the trim :thumbdown::rifle: went to a car body shop yesterday to see if they can, 6 weeks wait as 'that time of year' lol and they don't weld exhausts / metal (for the exhaust) nor did they seem interested in working my car, just quick glance over the diffuser and the Modellista front lip LOL so I be taking it somewhere that can do all the work and is interested :)

No mate getting old long gone are the days of performance mods - I'll let the young un's do that :), However am toying with the idea of adding Blind spot monitoring and if I can scrabble the components at a fair price without selling a kidney that will be my next project as I have noticed the BSM loom there when I took the bumper off. 

So you have a genuine Aimgain diffuser with the diverter pipes that clamp on to your rear boxes? Whats your setup for the rear end at the moment? bit confused on what you got and planned lol

On 15/01/2018 at 9:03 AM, Andrew888 said:

No mate getting old long gone are the days of performance mods - I'll let the young un's do that :), However am toying with the idea of adding Blind spot monitoring and if I can scrabble the components at a fair price without selling a kidney that will be my next project as I have noticed the BSM loom there when I took the bumper off. 

So you have a genuine Aimgain diffuser with the diverter pipes that clamp on to your rear boxes? Whats your setup for the rear end at the moment? bit confused on what you got and planned lol

My current set up is the AimGain rear diffuser with the diverting tail pipes, beside the looks (the only thing going for it) quality / fitment of this brand is not good + it's fibreglass so I now bought  the prefacelift  IS200t / 250 rear diffuser to go on soon (along with other bits I be getting done at same time), I just need to go somewhere that can get custom tail pipe, my car is a IS300h but don’t want to go back to using the OEM hybrid diffuser.

Ah now I get yer. Prefacelift with the rectangular or round? With the Aimgain I assume upon installation its been chopped already! If you want to take a trip to Essex my best pal who owns a garage and did mine can take a look and try and think of a solution without destroying more bits lol

On 16/01/2018 at 7:04 PM, Andrew888 said:

Ah now I get yer. Prefacelift with the rectangular or round? With the Aimgain I assume upon installation its been chopped already! If you want to take a trip to Essex my best pal who owns a garage and did mine can take a look and try and think of a solution without destroying more bits lol

It's round exhaust on pre facelift, no not been chopped or modified, had 2 different opinions and they say not much can be done, the gap between the bumper and the diffuser one did say something 'may' be done but it would involve a permanent solution - not ideal for me ! + no access to tow eye without removing the diffusser !! Even the TRD / Modellista has access to it !! Where in Essex is your mate's garage ? I go Essex quite alot !

• 2 years later...

Hey, were did you Get the exaust tips, and was it much work really waiting to this to my 2014 F sport, but wondering if it is big hassel or not and how much did it cost ?

5 minutes ago, Harman said:

Hey, were did you Get the exaust tips, and was it much work really waiting to this to my 2014 F sport, but wondering if it is big hassel or not and how much did it cost ?

Bought from Lexus 🙂 Depends how 'talented' the garage it to find a way how to clamp it on like mine - cost is stated above, probably cheaper now as some parts are lower

• 1 year later...

Hi Andrew,
the topic is very intreresting to me. Indeed you've done an excellent job.
I own an Is300h facelift (May 2018). Unfortunately I had a crash: another car destroyed my back. Now I am going to start repairing everything, and I had the idea to replace the original bumper and exhausts with the ones of Is200t facelift.
Lexus says parts codes are obviously different, so some difference could occurr, thus not making it possible a simple "plug & play".
If I am not wrong, you already evaluated this option? Was the answer 798 pounds? Apart from this, are you aware if Is200t exhaust would be mountable on Is300h with no restrictions nor drawbacks (e.g. bad noise, ...)?
In all the project, I assume the Is200t rear bumper can be installed with no issue at all, correct?
Many thanks!
Nicola

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, Andrew888 said:

Howdy

Pics below..

20180106_151205.jpg

20180106_155409.jpg

Hi Andrew, I’m new to the forum. I posted a message and was directed to you. I absolutely love the rear diffuser and exhaust tips on your car. I have a 3IS 2014 model and want to get the same look. Are you able to able to help with part numbers for the diffuser and exhaust tips? I currently have the diffuser below

B92FC279-7BB6-4E5D-831C-7852557D3296.jpeg

Hi Niraj and Andrew,
I think I have finally found a possible solution.
I hereby paste a message I have submitted yesterday to megazip.net. In 2 words, items to be bought SHOULD be 17408 NO.1 and 17408 NO.2 (trims) + 52108C (rear bumper lower).
Keep in touch!
Nicola

Dear Sirs, I have a 2018 Lexus Is300h FSport, VIN JTHBH5Dxxxxxxxxxx, version XE2 (A) AVE30E AVE30L-AEXLHW (3S).
I want to install the final exhausts of the 2017-2018 Lexus Is200t (which are straight, and visible from outside, not bended downwards, and naked within the bumper).
My final aim is to have rear bumper lower and exhaust tips as for the following links:
https://www.formulaimports.com/used-vehicle-2017-lexus-is-200t-f-sport-sunroof-rearview-vent-seats-c-399/#details_detail-28
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g15252012/2017-lexus-is200t-f-sport-instrumented-test-gallery/?slide=22

Scouting the internet, I discovered VINs of this version (e.g. JTHBA1D27H5042623, from https://www.carmax.com/car/21919681) and I see the following:
- my car has exhausts # 17430 and 17440
- above Is200t has exhausts with SAME numbers # 17430 and 17440 EVEN if they are straight (mine are bended downwards) and there are 2 -identical- round exhaust tips (2 x 17408)
- above Is200t should have (from pics https://www.carmax.com/car/21919681) different exhaust tips (I think they should be the 17408 NO.1 and the 17408 NO.2 (see https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/lexus-is-42401/ase30-56622/ase30l-aezlzv-937282/exhaust-pipe-18038261)
Questions:
- instead of buying the whole 17430 and 17440, can I only buy 17408 NO.1 and 17408 NO.2?
- if yes, how can I fit them to existing 17430 and 17440? Should I cut their downwards bending?

Regarding the rear bumper:
- my cover, "rear bumper" is 52159, but I can't understand which description is correct among 52159-53947 and 52159-53950. Are they different?
- above Is200t, "rear bumper" is 52159: I see many descriptions...
- my cover, "rear bumper, lower" is 52169C: 52169-53040, right?
- above Is200t, "rear bumper, lower" is 52108C
Questions:
- Can I install 52108C on my 52159?

Many thanks
Nicola

40 minutes ago, Nicola-75 said:

Hi Niraj and Andrew,
I think I have finally found a possible solution.
I hereby paste a message I have submitted yesterday to megazip.net. In 2 words, items to be bought SHOULD be 17408 NO.1 and 17408 NO.2 (trims) + 52108C (rear bumper lower).
Keep in touch!
Nicola

Dear Sirs, I have a 2018 Lexus Is300h FSport, VIN JTHBH5Dxxxxxxxxxx, version XE2 (A) AVE30E AVE30L-AEXLHW (3S).
I want to install the final exhausts of the 2017-2018 Lexus Is200t (which are straight, and visible from outside, not bended downwards, and naked within the bumper).
My final aim is to have rear bumper lower and exhaust tips as for the following links:
https://www.formulaimports.com/used-vehicle-2017-lexus-is-200t-f-sport-sunroof-rearview-vent-seats-c-399/#details_detail-28
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g15252012/2017-lexus-is200t-f-sport-instrumented-test-gallery/?slide=22

Scouting the internet, I discovered VINs of this version (e.g. JTHBA1D27H5042623, from https://www.carmax.com/car/21919681) and I see the following:
- my car has exhausts # 17430 and 17440
- above Is200t has exhausts with SAME numbers # 17430 and 17440 EVEN if they are straight (mine are bended downwards) and there are 2 -identical- round exhaust tips (2 x 17408)
- above Is200t should have (from pics https://www.carmax.com/car/21919681) different exhaust tips (I think they should be the 17408 NO.1 and the 17408 NO.2 (see https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/lexus-is-42401/ase30-56622/ase30l-aezlzv-937282/exhaust-pipe-18038261)
Questions:
- instead of buying the whole 17430 and 17440, can I only buy 17408 NO.1 and 17408 NO.2?
- if yes, how can I fit them to existing 17430 and 17440? Should I cut their downwards bending?

Regarding the rear bumper:
- my cover, "rear bumper" is 52159, but I can't understand which description is correct among 52159-53947 and 52159-53950. Are they different?
- above Is200t, "rear bumper" is 52159: I see many descriptions...
- my cover, "rear bumper, lower" is 52169C: 52169-53040, right?
- above Is200t, "rear bumper, lower" is 52108C
Questions:
- Can I install 52108C on my 52159?

Many thanks
Nicola

Thanks Nicola, I’ll contact my local dealer for the parts