Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 Sport MK1 1997 - 10" rim (rarer than hen's....)

Robin M

I know I stand pretty much zero chance of finding one but....

Just back from tyre shop after being told I have developed a crack in one of my rear rims and as it is on the face it would be extremely unlikely I will find anyone to repair it.

It is not a huge crack, the rim is not bent or badly graunched,  and the leak is pretty slow, but it will get worse. Told that any repairer would be unwilling to do the work as they cannot guarantee the structural integrity.

Suffering massive depression now as I have just celebrated my 21st year with this car (I took delivery new on 3/1/1997) and it has just clocked up (only) 99K miles.

I get all anally-retentive about messing with the originality of vehicles and hence am loath to go for aftermarket rims.

So question is: Is there anybody on the planet that just happens to have one of these lying down the back of the sofa:wink3: or has any suggestions?

I have no desire to go and write the car off - when I last looked on howmanyleft a year ago, there were only 3 still on the road

Have you tried the supra site, full sets have been sold on there in the past, probably unlikely to get just the one but with a full set you will have spares.

With mist supra owners going for the stock look you may get lucky if you throw a wanted post up they have hit £1000 in the past but that was a while back.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emkivsupra%2Enet%2Fvbb%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D340495&share_tid=340495&share_fid=12714&share_type=t

Lexus GS300 wheels

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the info. Have briefly looked at the discussion about these and the prices are now no longer the crazy money they were. Seen some sets between 200 - 400

As I do so little mileage and consequently not desperate (yet) so I might get my bargaining hat on!

Forgot about the fact that these became scarce when Supra owners fancied them - Nice to see some of them realising the value of originality.

I have a set with my winter tyres on. As I’ve now sold the GS, I am planning to remove the tyres and sell the wheels on. I can do some pics if you like? As you have discovered, they do crack, so the rears have been professionally repaired on the inner edges when they were refurbished. Where are you located, just in case you wanted to have a look?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, TigerFish said:

Where are you located, just in case you wanted to have a look?

Rick, nice  to hear from you again

I am based in Oxfordshire so not far from you.

The last day has opened my eyes to possibilities. Initially I had hoped that I could find one rim (either 8.5 or 10) just to get going (as I now have no spare).

All my rims are tatty (as they have been on for the entire lifetime of the car) and I had thought of, at some later date when I have bodywork done, send the rims off for a full refurb.

I am not fussed about tyres - all three 8.5's have new Pirelli P Zero. The 10's were due for replacement as they have Nankang 'ditch-diggers' on them

It now seems a starter of a plan to buy a set of refurbed   rims (there are quite a few around) and I would never consider asking someone to split a set and sell mine off.

As I mentioned above. I am in no huge rush, so please let me know when you are thinking of having yours available

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links