Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 06 IS220d Heating Problem

Simon.ss

Hi, I am new to this forum. I bought my Lexus today and there is a fault with it. It ran and drove for over a hour but there is no heating at all, only cold air goes through. What could be a problem and is there a fix ?

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that your heating isn't working. Did you buy the vehicle from a dealer/trader? If so, then they should repair the fault - unless the car was sold with that as a known issue and the price adjusted accordingly?

Thanks for the reply Farqui, after I bought the vehicle and I realised the fault, the trader said the heating was working which I quickly realised it's full of lies. Oh and he car was bought from a trader.

Is there any coolant in the expansion tank? 1st easy thing to check. If its empty its leaking somewhere, water pumps are known for leaking on these and dare i say it ......... dreaded head gasket failure but it may not be this so dont panic 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve2006 said:

You have legal rights having purchased the car from a trader.

I agree.

If 'he' 'lied' about that, what else could be wrong?

If the car is getting up to temperature and staying there and there isn’t a mayo like substance around the top of the oil filler it probably isn’t head gasket.

Could be heater matrix or even the flaps inside the heating system. All relatively normal issues but not necessarily cheap to resolve as often bits of the dash need to come out.

Definitely keep a log of the issues including dates and times and what you’ve said to the reader and what he’s said to you.

Be prepared to reject the car if the worst happens.

Good luck!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

If the car is getting up to temperature and staying there and there isn’t a mayo like substance around the top of the oil filler it probably isn’t head gasket.

Could be heater matrix or even the flaps inside the heating system. All relatively normal issues but not necessarily cheap to resolve as often bits of the dash need to come out.

Definitely keep a log of the issues including dates and times and what you’ve said to the reader and what he’s said to you.

Be prepared to reject the car if the worst happens.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only get mayo like substance in the filler cap if coolant is leaking into the oil system some how, 220d normally get compression into the cooling system and or coolant into the cylinder bore where it is burnt off this may keep the temp gauge sitting pretty but cause an air lock in the matrix. Classic sign of this is black stains and exhaust gasses in the expansion tank, rock hard coolant pipes to the point you cant even slightly squeeze them and coolant stains all over the engine bay, where the expansion tank cap has relieved the pressure and blown it out of the small pipe off the tank filler neck across the engine bay.

As you have said though it could be a blocked matrix or any of those flaps/motors on the heater box. I would definatly start with the coolant level check.

• Like 2