Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted: LS400

ITRDC2YO

Hi all

I've been on the hunt for a decent LS400 for a couple of months now, Been to see multiple examples that have just been terrible and not as described. I am after a decent example that must be 1998 or older for insurance purposes. If you have one you would like to sell please let me know its will be going to good home where it will be cherished and looked after, I am from Wolverhampton but willing to travel if its the right car. I am not sure if i am allowed to list my contact number, so i am sure someone from the administration team will let me know?

Thanks

Samuel

Yeah, i went to see an example today, the bodywork wasn't to bad but looking underneath the rear differential was soaking wet with oil and water leaks inside the car. There was also no evidence of the cambelt being done over its lifetime and no service history for over 10 years. I know there is bound to be some minor issues with a car related to this age but just after a loved honest and clean example. Hopefully someone from these forums who are usually enthusiast based might have something for sale?.  also "bluesman" i noticed your have your LS400 on LPG?, i contacted a local installer who is UKLPG aproved with a quotation of around 1000-1200 depending on the system, who also assured me he had performed several on this model of vehicle and they respond very well to the LPG!. How is your experience with the conversion? as this is what i intended to immediately after purchase.

Thanks for the response 

3 hours ago, ITRDC2YO said:

Yeah, i went to see an example today, the bodywork wasn't to bad but looking underneath the rear differential was soaking wet with oil and water leaks inside the car. There was also no evidence of the cambelt being done over its lifetime and no service history for over 10 years. I know there is bound to be some minor issues with a car related to this age but just after a loved honest and clean example. Hopefully someone from these forums who are usually enthusiast based might have something for sale?.  also "bluesman" i noticed your have your LS400 on LPG?, i contacted a local installer who is UKLPG aproved with a quotation of around 1000-1200 depending on the system, who also assured me he had performed several on this model of vehicle and they respond very well to the LPG!. How is your experience with the conversion? as this is what i intended to immediately after purchase.

Thanks for the response 

Re LPG I use a company in South Wales called Profess who charge £1000 and do the job in a day and a really neat no problem install. They have done many of the LOC members all without problems. If you cant get a an excellent by word of mouth recommendations for an install don't use them as there are too many cowboys which include many UKLPG members. UKLPG give the idea that they are the Governments watchdog over gas installs but its a lie. They have no more power than you or me. I have run cars on LPG now for over 16/17 years and I have never had a problem with any of them. My LS loves LPG, she shows no sign of being underpowered when using it. She starts on petrol until she reaches a warm temp then she switches over to LPG auto.

The one you saw sound a bit of a minger. Be very careful of any cars for sale in the West Midlands/ Dudley If you pop Lexuschap into the search facility at the top of the page you will see chapter and verse. He has changed his name recently to Lexuslegend.

23 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Re LPG I use a company in South Wales called Profess who charge £1000 and do the job in a day and a really neat no problem install. They have done many of the LOC members all without problems. If you cant get a an excellent by word of mouth recommendations for an install don't use them as there are too many cowboys which include many UKLPG members. UKLPG give the idea that they are the Governments watchdog over gas installs but its a lie. They have no more power than you or me. I have run cars on LPG now for over 16/17 years and I have never had a problem with any of them. My LS loves LPG, she shows no sign of being underpowered when using it. She starts on petrol until she reaches a warm temp then she switches over to LPG auto.

The one you saw sound a bit of a minger. Be very careful of any cars for sale in the West Midlands/ Dudley If you pop Lexuschap into the search facility at the top of the page you will see chapter and verse. He has changed his name recently to Lexuslegend.

Thanks for the advise its helped greatly, I dont know many people who have had a conversion done. I found it on the internet they have very good reviews on google also seemed knowledgeable. Its called save LPG in west brom. But if they could turn a car round in a day a trip up to wales could be on the cards. Thanks for the heads up i have had a quick look on the search seems to be interesting reading and will avoid. Just hoping something decent turns up shortly. 

Thanks again

3 hours ago, ITRDC2YO said:

Thanks for the advise its helped greatly, I dont know many people who have had a conversion done. I found it on the internet they have very good reviews on google also seemed knowledgeable. Its called save LPG in west brom. But if they could turn a car round in a day a trip up to wales could be on the cards. Thanks for the heads up i have had a quick look on the search seems to be interesting reading and will avoid. Just hoping something decent turns up shortly. 

Thanks again

Think of it as a day out, they lend you a car, I always find somewhere nice to have a long lazy lunch and bit of site seeing what a great day.

6 hours ago, Malc said:

this trader seems to have a plethora of amazingly expensive Lexus'

Malc

Yes mate, seems over inflated usual dealer cars. sure there is a fair car our there from a private seller without the dealer tax added on.

20 hours ago, ITRDC2YO said:

Thanks again

Yeah when I had an ls400, I had it lpg converted at save lpg. They did it in a day and what a good job it was. When you opened the bonnet, you couldn't see anything to say the car was on lpg, except for the ecu in the corner 

23 hours ago, ITRDC2YO said:

Thanks again

They can put their own write-ups on Google.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:02 PM, ITRDC2YO said:

Hi all

I've been on the hunt for a decent LS400 for a couple of months now, Been to see multiple examples that have just been terrible and not as described. I am after a decent example that must be 1998 or older for insurance purposes. If you have one you would like to sell please let me know its will be going to good home where it will be cherished and looked after, I am from Wolverhampton but willing to travel if its the right car. I am not sure if i am allowed to list my contact number, so i am sure someone from the administration team will let me know?

Thanks

Samuel

Hi,

When you have a vehicle in mind if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 3:02 PM, ITRDC2YO said:

Hi all

Thanks

Samuel

Any luck finding one? I'm in Shrewsbury so not a million miles away so probably cross shopping the same cars. I went to look at one in Stoke a couple of weeks ago but it needed too much doing to it. Pity as it was a MK3 in the silver grey with dhp wheels, looked good.

A MK4 is up for sale in Shrewsbury, its okay but I think I rather have a 430 for the price it'll end up going for.

On 1/11/2018 at 10:01 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

When you have a vehicle in mind if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

I'm with Flux at the moment. You insure my Camaro. The MK3 LS400 seems to be very reasonable on insurance but the Mk4 400 and 430 are quite high. Is this due to the early cars being classed as a classic?

Cheers, Duncan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the enquiry and it could well be that we have provided a policy on the basis of 'classic terms' which is proving to be cheaper.    I.e - 2nd car, Garaged, limited mileage etc? 

Let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Dan