Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow mode on 2003 GS 430

Smellyone

After 16 months of ownership I finally got to switch the 'old girl' into snow mode last week.  Tee hee, all it seemed to do was severely narrow the power band on the throttle so any more pressure on the accelerator than 'crawling speed' meant that the there was no response at all.  Mind you it was that pathetic on snow and ice that arguably crawling speed was unnervingly fast!  

Can anyone advise whether beyond power band reduction, snow mode has any other benefit when driving on the slippy stuff?

4 hours ago, Smellyone said:

After 16 months of ownership I finally got to switch the 'old girl' into snow mode last week.  Tee hee, all it seemed to do was severely narrow the power band on the throttle so any more pressure on the accelerator than 'crawling speed' meant that the there was no response at all.  Mind you it was that pathetic on snow and ice that arguably crawling speed was unnervingly fast!  

Can anyone advise whether beyond power band reduction, snow mode has any other benefit when driving on the slippy stuff?

That's the best way of getting your self-moving on snow also if you're stuck in the mud. Spinning the wheels up does nothing other than cover everything in mud/snow and bury yourself deeper.  Once you are out of whatever you're bogged down in you can switch back to normal.