Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went to my local dealer this morning, to put my signature on a new buy.

They recently received a 2018 LS.

My oh My, what a car! - It looks so much more impressive "in the flesh" that in pictures. So much presence. It looks like a concept car that really should not be on the road!

And the interior is just... wow... :-)

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Went to my local dealer this morning, to put my signature on a new buy.

They recently received a 2018 LS.

My oh My, what a car! - It looks so much more impressive "in the flesh" that in pictures. So much presence. It looks like a concept car that really should not be on the road!

And the interior is just... wow... :-)

There was one on display outside Lexus Chester on Saturday morning.

It did not appear to be as big as a Lexus 600h, but that was as a result of the futuristic styling which has been carried out.

48 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There was one on display outside Lexus Chester on Saturday morning.

It did not appear to be as big as a Lexus 600h, but that was as a result of the futuristic styling which has been carried out.

I agree. Where the previous model was massive and imposing, the new one is more elegant and refined. You have to be a Lexus fan though: that grille is HUGE!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DanD said:

I agree. Where the previous model was massive and imposing, the new one is more elegant and refined. You have to be a Lexus fan though: that grille is HUGE!

I am a great Lexus fan but I cant fall in love with that frontage it is terrible. I assume the designer scribbled it on a piece of paper after a long long Friday lunch where too much Saki was imbibed.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I am a great Lexus fan but I cant fall in love with that frontage it is terrible. I assume the designer scribbled it on a piece of paper after a long long Friday lunch where too much Saki was imbibed.

I agree with you Mike. However, here is an extract from an Autocar review "Lower, wider and longer, the styling is far more adventurous – borderline funky, in fact - and comes with uncommon presence and an almost fanatical devotion to detail. That ‘spindle’ front grille has 5000 surfaces and took one stylist 14 weeks of solid work to design, after which I’m guessing he or she had to go and lie in darkened room for almost as long again."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Took one for a test drive at Lexus Coventry launch event yesterday. Very comfortable, smooth and imposing. If someone were to donate one to me I could overlook the grille.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, Sherra said:

Took one for a test drive at Lexus Coventry launch event yesterday. Very comfortable, smooth and imposing. If someone were to donate one to me I could overlook the grille.

Does one need any kind of degree or other qualification to drive one? - Or is a standard driving licence good enough? ;-)