Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need to clean your leather?

Another quick heads up! If you need a leather cleaner/protection kit - as you may know, Multiyork (furniture retailer) are in administration and their stores are having a sell off. I bought a leather care kit (250ml cleaner and 250ml Protection cream) for £3 - reduced from £18. It may or may not be the best on the market, but for £3 who's complaining? You probably only have days left to snap up a bargain!

I now use Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner & Sealant. I find it is brilliant on my ivory leather.

Dodo-Juice-Supernatural-Leather-Cleaner-amp-Sealant-Kit-Upholstery-brush

Apply it with an old nail type brush and scrub with reasonable force and the results are astounding every time!

It ain't £3 mind you :smile: but it is very very good. I won't get anything else now. Usually around the £20-26 mark but you do see deals from time to time. My last kit was £18.50 from eBay.

I used to use Gliptone .... but now I just wipe some of that on an old magic tree freshener and pop one under each front seat ... makes the car smell great for weeks!

There are some good demos up on Youtube for applying Dodo.

• Like 2

I would be careful with protection cream on sealed leather - it might do just opposite, make a sticky layer for dirt to stick onto and increase the wear and tear + make the seats look visually dirty, sticky and shiny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I would be careful with protection cream on sealed leather - it might do just opposite, make a sticky layer for dirt to stick onto and increase the wear and tear + make the seats look visually dirty, sticky and shiny.

That's what i found with Gliptone. Although the fragrance is appealing.

Not the case with Dodo Juice though.

Think you would be surprised how much dirt comes off with Dodo when you wipe down. Use an old pale towel and it's very obvious. 

35 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Think you would be surprised how much dirt comes off with Dodo when you wipe down. Use an old pale towel and it's very obvious. 

Have you done a side-by-side comparison with another cloth dampened with wool detergent in water?

17 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Have you done a side-by-side comparison with another cloth dampened with wool detergent in water?

It does work and Lexus in the USA recommends woolite. Only problem is you have to dilute it which takes time and being gentle, its not going to remove heavy dirt

Its probably fine for cleaning leather seats every month or so but I usually do it once a year when I get the time and Dodo Juice just cuts through it whilst leaving a matt finish

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

I have not. I have read various forums where mention has been made of using this procedure. Just a tad unsure about it. I'd pondered trying it with a drop of something like lemon juice to give it a bit of cut....and then promptly talked myself out of it.

Have you tried it?

Seems the cleaner is popular - I use it on a couple our car seats and have done for a while (lasts ages) - used to use the wax on the car also but gone over to the Turtle Magic Wax as it seems to work well for the colour of my car.

1 hour ago, normski2 said:

I have not. I have read various forums where mention has been made of using this procedure. Just a tad unsure about it. I'd pondered trying it with a drop of something like lemon juice to give it a bit of cut....and then promptly talked myself out of it.

Have you tried it?

I have and it performed as well as proprietary products. The wool detergent is especially gentle on the stitching ... Considerably cheaper too!