Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shiny B pillar plastic

Ala Larj

Hi,

Have noticed that the shiny plastic on my B pillars have lots of fine swirl marks on them. What is the best product to remove them? Could the polish I use for my paintwork be ok? I currently use Autoglym Super Resin.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

Hi,

Have noticed that the shiny plastic on my B pillars have lots of fine swirl marks on them. What is the best product to remove them? Could the polish I use for my paintwork be ok? I currently use Autoglym Super Resin.

Thanks.

Yes its clearcoated so its fine to use whatever you use on paintwork

Just be aware that SRP doesn't actually remove swirls but will mask them - they'll come back over the next few washes

Maybe worth getting some Britemax Black Max or similiar finishing polish instead?

4 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Thanks Rayaan, will give that a go. interesting about SRP. Thought I'd got rid of all the light scratches in the door handle bits only for them to return!

Essentially SRP is loaded with fillers. Whilst it does have some abrasives, it mainly cleans scratches of dirt and covers them up with a polymer. These get washed off so the scratches will return down the line.

Ideally you want a pure finishing polish - Britemax Black Max is excellent by hand or machine. Dont really know why its called Black Max because its suitable for all colours. Its great for getting rid of the minor swirls and easy to use

Its called a "Polishing Glaze" but its a bit of a misnomer. Its designed for the American market who use different terms to us, so a glaze is a finishing polish. Britemax has confirmed it doesn't have fillers in it but a polymer which coats the car ready for wax/sealants.

• Like 1