Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC-500....... too fussy?

Flytvr

I wonder if the pop-out door handles are broken on that one too. Apparently it’s quite a common fault...

Fussy? A little - most Lexii are. Too fussy? No! I’d have one in a heartbeat over any big GT. Gorgeous!

Sport plus pack in Naples yellow thank you very much. :wink3:

Some photos of the front look abit fussy but in the flesh it's stunning. 

I've almost convinced myself the above combo will replace my isf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mike m said:

Sport plus pack in Naples yellow thank you very much. :wink3:

Some photos of the front look abit fussy but in the flesh it's stunning. 

I've almost convinced myself the above combo will replace my isf.

I’ve driven both varieties of the LC, but even in the flesh, I’m not yet convinced

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’ve driven both varieties of the LC, but even in the flesh, I’m not yet convinced

I must admit i feel that way with some of their other models but the LC hit the spot with me. Mind you throw a Toyota FT1 alongside the LC and I'd have a hard time deciding.

• Haha 1

Years in development, concept to road, millions spent.

Let's stick the rear camera.......... Here. That will do.

Fake exhausts.

Don't like the rear one bit. Like the side profile.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Really liked it when I first saw at Goodwood, in the red with tan interior, and liked the fact it looked more like a concept, but I seem to like it less with time. Of course a drive could change that pretty quickly I suspect!!. It’s funny because I actually now prefer the RCF which is a reversal from when I first saw th LC.

• Like 1

Oooh controversy!

I like 'em although I've not driven one. 

Hate the alloys though. Love the Tan leather though.

Stupid pop out door handles. Every one I've seen in the dealers has had one or more stuck popped out.

Do like that white one though, just needs some black alloys:yes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Oooh controversy!

I like 'em although I've not driven one. 

Hate the alloys though. Love the Tan leather though.

Stupid pop out door handles. Every one I've seen in the dealers has had one or more stuck popped out.

Do like that white one though, just needs some black alloys! :yes:

Yes, the alloys are awful

• Like 1

I would forfeit a kidney to own this car. In fact I can't think of a more desirable vehicle. 

Problem is I would need to hire an SAS battalion to stop it from being nicked.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, mrfunex said:

I wonder if the pop-out door handles are broken on that one too. Apparently it’s quite a common fault...

Fussy? A little - most Lexii are. Too fussy? No! I’d have one in a heartbeat over any big GT. Gorgeous!

However do you find out what are "common faults" on a car that only has 200 or so examples in the UK and almost nobody who owns one posting faults on here?

4 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

However do you find out what are "common faults" on a car that only has 200 or so examples in the UK and almost nobody who owns one posting faults on here?

Hedge End Lexus told me they’d dealt with 3 cars for this already... maybe people on the south coast are unlucky! Such a rare car kind of skews the statistics a bit when talking about what is ‘common’.

They’re slightly less common than you suggest - I’ve just had a look on www.howmanyleft.co.uk and there are only 120 LCs registered in the UK, of all flavours. They’ve already massively outsold the GSF (only 54 examples registered in the country) - depending on your viewpoint, an issue with any GSF, no matter how small, would automatically affect almost 2% of the UKs cars! 

There is the one with a faulty alarm system.

22 hours ago, Comedian said:

To someone in the future it will have the same impact as this maybe? :Dbae5fe55cfe4094388ebfa7067f3185e.jpg

Loving the pic of this Renault Fuego drove a few of these back in the day.A mate of mine had one in the eighties and was always trying to race me in my Granada 3 Litre Ghia but I was never interested as just like Lexus today the Granada was all about cruising in comfort.