Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC-500....... too fussy?

Flytvr

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Flytvr said:

Anybody think that the LC has too much going on?

media.jpg

Actually, looking at this again today without the Saturday Guinness/Tanqueray filter I think you are right, it does look fussy, is it the colour or maybe the angle the photo was taken from, all the shut lines are visible which makes me think it is the angle the car is viewed from, anyway it is still my next car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

Ahem.................not decided............................but it might be ...........................

@Mark G I'm thinking maybe just maybe you might consider.......................

Blue.........:yahoo:

On 18/01/2018 at 11:02 PM, Dave400SE said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else just see a stormtrooper in this photo? 🤔

Stormtroopers look happy if they wear their helmets upside down - maybe because they're thinking about the car :biggrin:

stormtrooper.thumb.jpg.99f42454d8fc28319f8e37993708805b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Stormtroopers look happy if they wear their helmets upside down - maybe because they're thinking about the car :biggrin:

stormtrooper.thumb.jpg.99f42454d8fc28319f8e37993708805b.jpg

Reminds me of Woody Allen in sleeper!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Following a hybrid version the other day. Im more and more convinced they are too fussy and for someone who doesn’t like modifying cars, I COULDNT LIVE WITH THOSE WHEELS!!! Horrendous!!

10 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Following a hybrid version the other day. Im more and more convinced they are too fussy and for someone who doesn’t like modifying cars, I COULDNT LIVE WITH THOSE WHEELS!!! Horrendous!!

Yes, I don't like the wheels either, too much bling and LOOK AT ME going on, some people will like them, each to their own.

I think the wheels look great, especially on the white LC500 as you get the black and chrome contrast. 

I have had no issues with the door handles on mine and I have not heard of anyone else having any problems  with them.

I think it is a case of rumours and heresay, usually from people that don’t actually own the car! 

I think the front is lip-smackingly gorgeous. Properly lovely, and very close to the original concept car.

I was fortunate enough to borrow one for 24hrs and in the flesh it’s so radically sleek and different from practically all other traffic, it stands out wonderfully.

I think Lexus should be applauded for not first showing the LC as a concept artist’s render, then ploughing through their parts bin, changing the shape to fit and ultimately releasing something that looks like everything else! 

The back has yet to have the same effect. I don’t know if it needs a wing or something to bind the whole design together, but it’s a bit meh to me...

The back has yet to have the same effect. I don’t know if it needs a wing or something to bind the whole design together, but it’s a bit meh to me...

Thus?8695c3f91021ebc8160c050860dbd592.jpg

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 1/19/2018 at 5:19 PM, mrfunex said:

Hedge End Lexus told me they’d dealt with 3 cars for this already... maybe people on the south coast are unlucky! Such a rare car kind of skews the statistics a bit when talking about what is ‘common’.

They’re slightly less common than you suggest - I’ve just had a look on www.howmanyleft.co.uk and there are only 120 LCs registered in the UK, of all flavours. They’ve already massively outsold the GSF (only 54 examples registered in the country) - depending on your viewpoint, an issue with any GSF, no matter how small, would automatically affect almost 2% of the UKs cars! 

Not the best idea to search howmanyleft for a car thats just come out

Results are hugely skewed by the number of dealer demonstrators. 

IMO the standard wheels look much better than the Sport pack ones.

Id probably be radical and go for Burgundy red with the Ochre interior. 

15 minutes ago, bvhout said:

Hi,

It seems to me that if you don't like the LC500, you don't buy one. I have that with many cars. But hey. 

Yours,

Ben

If you are not interested in  opinions about the LC500, don’t read the thread 😜

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

If you are not interested in  opinions about the LC500, don’t read the thread 😜

Solid advice, I’ve written that in my “life bible”

:laughing:

• Haha 1

It's a reasonable discussion for car enthusiasts to have. We also say things like 'if I get an rcf it won't be a carbon'. 'Never getting another black car'. All opinions that seem to melt away like a chocolate fireguard when the time comes.

I'm sure someone here will be driving a too fussy 500 one day ;)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk