Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

cup holders very hot

michael field

Hi new member with first post. The front cup holders on my 07 460 get extremely hot to the extent that any thing left in them (keys etc).. are too hot to touch doesn't seem right to me.  The gearbox appears to work fine @tho at the last Lexus free inspection it was noted that the gearbox sump gasket had a slight "weep".  The service , manager said to disregard this,but is the gearbox overheating or is it something to do with the cabin heating.Any help or advice much appreciated.

5 hours ago, michael field said:

Hi new member with first post. The front cup holders on my 07 460 get extremely hot to the extent that any thing left in them (keys etc).. are too hot to touch doesn't seem right to me.  The gearbox appears to work fine @tho at the last Lexus free inspection it was noted that the gearbox sump gasket had a slight "weep".  The service , manager said to disregard this,but is the gearbox overheating or is it something to do with the cabin heating.Any help or advice much appreciated.

I may be way off with this but some luxury cars have heated and cooled cup holders, I don't know if this is the case with the LS460 but I'm sure someone will let you know. And welcome to the LOC.

Thankyou for your welcome and reply.  I never thought of that and will make some enquiries..I've been a lurker on this site for several years before taking the plunge.  It was this site which finally persuaded me that an LS was the car for me and I haven't been disappointed so far. I love it!!!

6 hours ago, michael field said:

Thankyou for your welcome and reply.  I never thought of that and will make some enquiries..I've been a lurker on this site for several years before taking the plunge.  It was this site which finally persuaded me that an LS was the car for me and I haven't been disappointed so far. I love it!!!

I'm glad you're enjoying the experience!  I've had 2 LS 400's and two LS430's all great cars, but I've never graduated to a 460. So many members from Yorkshire!!

Glad you have enjoyed your Lexus's. This is the first Lexus I've ever had - in fact it's the first one I ever looked at and drove so I broke all the rules of car buying but I've been really lucky and got a beauty,  Hope to keep it for a long time.  Only seen 1, yes 1,other around the Leeds area.

3 hours ago, michael field said:

Glad you have enjoyed your Lexus's. This is the first Lexus I've ever had - in fact it's the first one I ever looked at and drove so I broke all the rules of car buying but I've been really lucky and got a beauty,  Hope to keep it for a long time.  Only seen 1, yes 1,other around the Leeds area.

I've only seen two other LS's here, a very rare sight indeed, that's another reason that we like them, not as common as the competition from over the channel!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links