Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First off i would like to thank members for their earlier advice on my exhaust.

I decided to go for stainless and i don't regret it the system has been replaced from cat back including the manifold clamps which were well rusted

I have kept the original secondary cats because they were in such good condition kept the downstream sensors omitted the mid silencer but had oversized polished back box's with 3 1/2 " round polished tail pipes.

Well what a difference it is slightly louder sounds very similar to a nissan 350z and definitely more responsive.

They have made a superb job all sections jointed so can be removed or altered easily very pleased

• Like 2

The only thing that concerns me is the 'slightly louder' aspect, how long have you had your IS and do you think you will be able to live with this increase in decibels permanently? As for me it might grate after the initial "wow that sounds good" moment. For me personally one of the aspects of getting the IS was it's serene ability to get down the road without shouting about it!

you also mention " more responsive " is it actually or a placebo of the increase in sound?

paul m.

30 minutes ago, Texas said:

The only thing that concerns me is the 'slightly louder' aspect, how long have you had your IS and do you think you will be able to live with this increase in decibels permanently? As for me it might grate after the initial "wow that sounds good" moment. For me personally one of the aspects of getting the IS was it's serene ability to get down the road without shouting about it!

you also mention " more responsive " is it actually or a placebo of the increase in sound?

paul m.

Hi Paul yes i do understand you concern I'm the same the good thing is these guys have jointed all the sections so adding a mid resonator is easily added .

No placebo effect definitely more responsive ive had my is 5years and i am a fan of silent motoring so maybe would add a mid resonator at a later date just enjoying it at present very pleasing sound....

I've been considering such a system myself for the IS250 for a while now. I would welcome the extra decibels as for me the car is far too quite (great if you like that sort of thing)

I love the V6 growl of the 250 but you really have to put the power down to hear it.

This system sounds ideal for me and a bit more responce as you say would be an added bonus.

2 hours ago, peachy said:

I've been considering such a system myself for the IS250 for a while now. I would welcome the extra decibels as for me the car is far too quite (great if you like that sort of thing)

I love the V6 growl of the 250 but you really have to put the power down to hear it.

This system sounds ideal for me and a bit more responce as you say would be an added bonus.

The only way i can discribe the noise is nissan350z its sounds amazing and definitely revs much easier and the rev pick up is quicker if you know what i mean

I've been considering such a system myself for the IS250 for a while now. I would welcome the extra decibels as for me the car is far too quiet (great if you like that sort of thing)

This system sounds ideal for me and a bit more response as you say would be an added bonus.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:27 PM, Nessal said:

First off i would like to thank members for their earlier advice on my exhaust.

I decided to go for stainless and i don't regret it the system has been replaced from cat back including the manifold clamps which were well rusted

I have kept the original secondary cats because they were in such good condition kept the downstream sensors omitted the mid silencer but had oversized polished back box's with 3 1/2 " round polished tail pipes.

Well what a difference it is slightly louder sounds very similar to a nissan 350z and definitely more responsive.

They have made a superb job all sections jointed so can be removed or altered easily very pleased

Excellent and well done.  Did mine in stainless and it is slightly louder than before but better for it.  I had them call me and  email me video files before and after from inside and outside the car.  They could have made it quieter but would have been smaller bore and it does benefit from the extra breathing.  Car sounds good, inside and outside, and slightly better oomph.

• Thanks 1