Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Joined the Lexus family

Went for a 2014 NX 300h premier yesterday from Lexus Derby, pretty happy with the deal, £25k with 3 years warranty, looking forward to pickup next week. 75k miles but immaculate.

There's half a million buttons, menus and switches which will take some time to learn, is there a hints and tips, or quick start guide on here? Searched on Google for a few hours and didn't find anything.

On the CT and other models, on the dash board the left dial defaults to an eco, charge and power monitor and shows a rev counter in sport, on the test drive this seemed to only display revs. Don't see what value the rev counter gives you as it's an eCVT so wondered if this could display charge, power dials?

• Like 1

On 21/01/2018 at 10:52 AM, jaydeeuk1 said:

On the CT and other models, on the dash board the left dial defaults to an eco, charge and power monitor and shows a rev counter in sport, on the test drive this seemed to only display revs. Don't see what value the rev counter gives you as it's an eCVT so wondered if this could display charge, power dials?

On my GS you can change it via the DISP button on the steering wheel. Scroll though to the settings menu and you might find that you can select rev counter all the time, eco display all the time or auto which changes from eco display to rev counter when in sport or sport +. I have mine set to rev counter all the time as I find the eco display too distracting.

And welcome to Lexus!

@jaydeeuk1 I’ve just had a thought, on the Premier you can adjust the HUD to show a rev counter. Don’t know if you’ve tried that or not. I know it’s not the same as a rev counter on the dash, but at least it is a rev counter.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Yes, it's useful. How I've set mine up is rev counter in the main display as I found the eco display distracting as I found myself spending too much time looking at it to keep it in the eco range. I also think the rev counter looks better. I have the HUD set to show speed most of the time and change it to eco displaying when I feel like driving economically. I think huds should be fitted to all cars as a safety device. I rarely take my eyes off the road now. It even shows sat sat directions. The fact that you can switch between mph and kmph is also really useful as I drive in Europe quite a bit.

Love the car. Only picked it up yesterday as problem with Lexus computers so had an RC 300h loan car (the NX is nicer imo!) But the dealer experience was great, loved the 'unveiling' you get when picking the car up.

Did a reset on the dash and got the eco gauge back. Done 50m and averaged 42.5 mpg which I'm quite happy with considering I've never driven a hybrid, it's around town and down the a6, with me fiddling with sport, eco and ev mode. I actually quite like EV mode, thought it would be pointless but going home and around car park I like the fact I get to use the whole range of the eco guage before petrol motor kicks in.

Love the gadgets on premier spec, HUD is great, that 360 rotating display is pointless but brilliant too, and active cruise control is fab. If it steered for me too that would be perfect.

Car is superb better than anything I've had before. The only 'accurate' car review I've seen is from parkers, nonit isn't a track car, but it's even comfier than the Citroen cactus and nearly rides as well, which for a bigger heavier car is impressive.

New NX due in 2021, if that comes in phev form, with self drive mode I'll be first in line!

• 1 month later...

Not wishing to start a new topic, I thought I would add to this one.

We ordered the NX Luxury back in November 2017 and take delivery of it tomorrow, Tuesday 6th March. We had more or less decided on the colour, but left the showroom having ordered a Mesa red with white ochre interior.

We have come from an Audi Q3 which we had for 5 years, and have predominantly had VW/Audis for nearly 40 years, so a big change for us.

I have been actively monitoring this forum since November and have been picking up tips for collection day, fitting dash cams etc. The forum is quite quiet compared to the other forums I have been on, but I put that down to fewer vehicles and not much (hopefully) goes wrong.

Looking forward to Lexus ownership and help and advice that comes from your wealth of experience.

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Not wishing to start a new topic, I thought I would add to this one.

We ordered the NX Luxury back in November 2017 and take delivery of it tomorrow, Tuesday 6th March. We had more or less decided on the colour, but left the showroom having ordered a Mesa red with white ochre interior.

We have come from an Audi Q3 which we had for 5 years, and have predominantly had VW/Audis for nearly 40 years, so a big change for us.

I have been actively monitoring this forum since November and have been picking up tips for collection day, fitting dash cams etc. The forum is quite quiet compared to the other forums I have been on, but I put that down to fewer vehicles and not much (hopefully) goes wrong.

Looking forward to Lexus ownership and help and advice that comes from your wealth of experience.

That is a very daring colour combination - must say it looks great in the flesh but I bet those seats are hard to clean!

Yes, the NX forum is quiet. The NX is a hit in the UK, sells quite well but as always, not much goes wrong. The VW forum on the other hand is always busy, many more cars and a lot more problems.

• Like 2

The other thing to note with Lexus versus the VW Group is there are far fewer combinations.

Taking into account transmission, suspension, fuel type, drive, external colour, spec level, engines, interior trim and the vast array of options you can order an Audi Q5 in literally millions of combinations - there is a fair chance, unless you go for a really common combo, yours will be unique.

With a Lexus NX, I estimate that total is below 1000 (as there are few if any options around transmission, fuel type, drive and so on, and options generally come as packs added only to specific spec levels).

Many people like the choice Audi offer (and its sales have boomed even in North America) - but others like having the clarity of what goes with what (and, out of interest, Lexus is a lot more profitable per car).

So there isn't even as much to discuss there...!

• Like 1