Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I want to run 7” winter rims on my S3 GS450h but the spare set I’ve got from her RX are ET35 which, technically, are 2.7mm closer to the calliper than ET45 8” rims which come as standard. There’s not a lot of clearance as standard so I’m nervous about going 2.7mm closer. I also don’t want to have to use spacers, even if they’re just 3mm.

Has anyone else been using 7” ET35 on an S3 GS? Are S3 GS450h callipers any different to non-hybrid S3 GS?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, DanD said:

You might get a better response moving your post to the GS forum...

I've already asked admin to move it a few minutes ago when I checked for responses and realised there were none. 

As far as I know the 7x17" wheels on a S3 GS (as fitted to the 300 and post 2010 450h SE) are ET50. The tyre size is 225/50 R17. As for the brake calipers I believe the front ones on the 430, 450h and 460 are the same but I think the ones on the 300 are different.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

As far as I know the 7x17" wheels on a S3 GS (as fitted to the 300 and post 2010 450h SE) are ET50. The tyre size is 225/50 R17. As for the brake calipers I believe the front ones on the 430, 450h and 460 are the same but I think the ones on the 300 are different.

I found a 2010 US brochure stating 17x7.5 and did a quick google to find they're also ET45. Same brochure suggests brakes are all the same.

This is what it would look like:

wheelimage.php?tyrediameter=653.2&tyrewi

17x7 ET50 would bring the calipers even closer to the spokes by 17.7mm...

This is what I have and fronts don't fit (18x7 ET40)

This is what I'm aiming for (with 17x7 ET35)