Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC base audio

I have (I believe) the base audio system in my RC. I specced only the standard Nav and it was only after purchasing I realised the audio system sound was not nearly as good as in the demonstrator I had that had premium nav (not ML mind you). Later research suggested that the base audio has 6 speakers, the premium nav version has 10 and the ML system has 17.  So I'm looking into some after market speakers and may be amplification upgrades to improve what I have. It isnt bad, just needs a bit more depth / bass really.  I didn't go for the premium nav as it cost a grand, I don't use a sat nav much, I don't like the touch pad, and I was not aware the audio system was different. Subsequent flick through the brochure does say the base system is 6 speakers so my fault.

Anyway, popped to a local audio dealer who took a look and I was told that he rear seat area had working speakers. So I make that at least 7 speakers, may be 8. 2 on the dash, may be the one in the middle too, door speakers,  rear seat ones and a large one on the rear shelf.

My local dealer is looking into what the specs are of my system so I can pass onto my audio dealer. 

Anyone have any advice on this?

I don't know but I suspect that all the locations and some speakers will even be present that are not used, it's just when they fit the cheaper head unit it has less channels. (Example RC-F 17 speaker system has 12 locations). So what's also possible is you just need to swap speakers so take out a single cone and fit a dual cone gives you 2 speakers in Lexus eyes.

The addition of a powered subwoofer (head unit probably not got a sub line) might be all that's needed. I'm not saying it's the best solution but bearing in mind you didn't want to pay the extra £1k then it would seem a £200 solution would be ideal.

I have a blaupunkt powered sub under the front seat of a Toyota. Makes a world of difference to listening pleasure (note avoidance of saying it 'makes it better' - it triggers audiophiles).

I'm also thinking that a dent sub will go along way to getting the depth. Hopefully once Lexus share the full speaker and head unit spec with me I can the necessary advice from my audio dealer.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links