Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h Sat nav sends half way round the world

My sat nav is driving me crazy it only sends me the long way to my destination and never the quickest way I thought I went into the settings to try help with speeding it up but always sends me the worst way possible end up on the Iphone maps 😖

3 hours ago, Crowe said:

My point exactly that would be a good option and would have thought that the quickest route would be standard 

Change the average speed settings of the roads. 

It defaults as 30mph in town which is way too optimistic. Put it down to 15mph or so. 

It should give you the option of eco, short and quick. Mine does anyway

19 hours ago, Verbout said:

Mine always gives me three options, but I still wouldn’t trust it, not even to get me out of my street.

I have used Lexus' satnav in three different cars over the years and I have always found the system reliable and accurate.

The only few times I had issues were my own fault... like forgetting to in-tick "Avoid Motorway"... as mentioned above by Graham.

Unless you actually need or want to plan for motorways along your route, it is best to untick the relative box in the satnav settings, after which,

in my experience, the system's apparent inefficiency is much reduced.   However, if you subsequently forget to re-tick the box for drives in wholly

unfamiliar areas in which sections of motorway may be essential, you could well end up feeling like an idiot when it dawns on you that you are

being misrouted.  Seeing that the three choices of route type are always offered regardless of what your average speed settings are, I don't                                                       

believe there is any connection between the two features, the latter being, in my view, the least useful one in the entire system insofar as the 

time predictions it computes on the basis of averages you presumably originally considered to be realistic more often than not turn out wrong.