Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well after a 7 HR round trip I have a new to me LS400. You can't tell from the pic but it's very dark green.

Lovely driving car but it should be with a new mot and only 56k on the clock!

Haven't really got any jobs to do to it. The stereo display is knackered and the heated seat doesn't work but apart from that all good so can't complain.

Completely different driving experience to our other two cars. You forget what the visibility I'd like in old cars. Thin pillars etc.

IMG_20180204_153952779.jpg

Nice.  56k in 20 years!!!! 'Mazin,

I recall Ed China doing the display failed fix on Wherler dealers on this motor a few years ago, you could prob look up the episode and IIRC the part came from the US.

And I think that once the heated seats give up then owners accept that and live without.

all the best with your new joy.

paul m.

Just done some searching and it turns out to be Season 4, Episodes 11 & 12 of Wheeler Dealers that done the 'make-over' on the LS400 if you want to check it out.

just found a very poor ( sound & video!) example on U-Toob the screen fix starts @ 15m15seconds.

https://youtu.be/GhPblOuSUnQ

first aired in Oct 2006

paul m.

looks a lovely car .... can't help thinking I've noted that registration before somehow :unsure: 

Really don't fathom how it could have had so much rust and suspension stuff wearing out in such few miles ................. good luck anyway, she looks a delight :winkiss: 

Malc

That looks really nice - my favourite colour too, I sold my silver one just to buy one in this colour. The stereo LCD is just a plug-in item -  I changed mine successfully with a 10mm socket and a small screwdriver, unlike the lighting which needs soldering if it goes (it often does).

It's hardly necessary to say good luck with it - it's an LS400 so it will look after you!