Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please help me.

Im looking for the nav DVD drive in my 2009 is250c. Ive looked behind the clock and there is a slot in the plastic for a disk but a metal plate behind it, so it' not there. Ive also checked the boot and glove box. Its nowhere. Does anyone know where it is hiding? Or have I got it all wrong and it needs a usb nav update. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I dont have a menu button but when I go to the nav menu map version it does not have an eject button. If it' not a DVD is there a way to update it without a Lexus dealer? How do I know what update version I need?

Not saying necessarily purchase from here but look at this site to try and find out what system you have and your options.

https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

I recently updated to '17-18 maps (DVD) from here https://www.latestsatnav.co.uk/

paul m.

If you have a later 09 model ie a 59 plate, then it's likely you will have the HDD version. If you have, then that is updated via a USB stick. As far as I know that is only available from Lexus at around£150 or so. That's what mine was, but it was UK and Europe maps. 

When you put a CD in to play do you see an option to 'record' if you do then you have the HDD version. Also, if you have a USB drive in the armrest and the L shape reversing light, that would also indicate you have the facelift version.

If you still have the original map data then it would be worth getting the update. It is a bit of a lottery, granted, as I found the odd bit of new motorway missing on French maps. Quite odd seeing the screen showing you speeding through green fields!!

My plate is an 09 plate. I have a usb slot in the arm rest but don't have the L shaped reversing light. Still need to see if a record button comes up when I put a CD in. Unless my car was an early adopter of the hdd?

hi Normski2 I have the same sat nav(cddb) in my car, so is it dealer update only or is there a way round it, am currently running 2011 maps in mine,many thanks