Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have purchased an engine air filter for my Ls 400, the problem is when I try to put it on it doesn't fit properly, the clamp closes on it  but it is not completely flush, any ideas what could be wrong   please.

Hello Norman.

I assume your air filter is positioned just behind the headlight.

If so, you are probably not doing anything wrong, it can just be a real pain to get the big round clip located properly.

I can remember I changed my filter once and I took me almost half an hour to get the clip seated right. Thankfully it is not like that every time, sometimes I get lucky and it seats properly first time.

Just have another go, if you start getting frustrated walk away and go back in 10 minutes, you will succeed in the end.

Steve

• Like 1

You’d think it should be easy peasy.

I slightly damaged the casing getting the thing to do what it should.

Mine was a BluePrint filter but recollection recalls the unbelievable stupid design of the unit, in an inaccessible position.

2 hours ago, ambermarine said:

K&N filter for the cars life they are more expensive initially but you will never need buy another filter.

aha, but they have a limited life warranty of only 1,000,000 miles ........  pretty useless if you're keeping the car forever :yahoo: 

........ must always read the small print :wink3: 

Malc

jokingly mentioned but true  ............  I'll ask my indy about getting one at the next service ........  I know an air filter used to last two years, it's now down to one year, I live in the same general area so the pollutant levels in the air must be worsening I guess :yucky: