Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F recall

33 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Doesn't the IS-F share with the IS 220d? 

No it uses the same one used on the LS. :tongue:

The RC F, GS F, and LC 500 use the same pump as the IS300h - just two instead of one. It must be an installation issue rather than a problem with the pump itself as they aren't being recalled, something externally must be damaging the covers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Lol, I read that age comment as being directed at age of owner 😂....older first 🤪

More pensioner bullying I'm so so upset better have another glass of Shiraz to go with my fillet steak, it had to be fillet you see as there's no bones for my poor old teeth...........🤣

🐀

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No it uses the same one used on the LS. :tongue:

The RC F, GS F, and LC 500 use the same pump as the IS300h - just two instead of one. It must be an installation issue rather than a problem with the pump itself as they aren't being recalled, something externally must be damaging the covers.

@ColinBarber And that's precisely what the dealer told me.

🐀

9 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@ColinBarber And that's precisely what the dealer told me.

🐀

All I know is my fuel pump feels like it never stops 🤪.......although tbh 24mpg on my daily commutes this week ain’t to sad.......considering 29-30 out the Outback with half the engine 😉 

12 hours ago, Womble72 said:

All I know is my fuel pump feels like it never stops 🤪.......although tbh 24mpg on my daily commutes this week ain’t to sad.......considering 29-30 out the Outback with half the engine 😉 

My old 2005 3.0 legacy auto never achieved 30mpg on any trip! The isf will, but not when you enjoy listening to the 2nd intake opening... 😉

@Flytvr dont forget to fill up before you go to the garage or you might not make it home 🤣

• Like 2

@Rusty Crobar Russ 'The Skunk' doesn't need filling up it sits in it's lair pruning itself while Master Davi takes endless pictures of it, quality pictures I might add, and sends them out to all and sundry teasing us............ but not for much longer there may be another......

Skunk coming over the horizon.........

Big Rat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

My old 2005 3.0 legacy auto never achieved 30mpg on any trip! The isf will, but not when you enjoy listening to the 2nd intake opening... 😉

@Flytvr dont forget to fill up before you go to the garage or you might not make it home 🤣

@Rusty Crobar mines the 2.5 sen, bought to replace my aging V70 as a daily commute, (the wife wanted one) 🙄.......fsh and in having both head gaskets done (typical main dealer).......hence my dislike of main dealers,........Subaru uk say its due to poor workmanship,......just can’t win!.....she’s a keeper now 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Womble72 said:

@Rusty Crobar mines the 2.5 sen, bought to replace my aging V70 as a daily commute, (the wife wanted one) 🙄.......fsh and in having both head gaskets done (typical main dealer).......hence my dislike of main dealers,........Subaru uk say its due to poor workmanship,......just can’t win!.....she’s a keeper now 🤪

They are great cars but running costs are high for the performance. I didn't mind as it ticked all the boxes for my needs at the time but as soon as I had the money to get the F it was an easy choice. 

As a daily driver I suppose a 2.5 legacy is more interesting to drive than a is250 (no offence meant to is250 drivers!). Great in the winter too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusty Crobar said:

They are great cars but running costs are high for the performance. I didn't mind as it ticked all the boxes for my needs at the time but as soon as I had the money to get the F it was an easy choice. 

As a daily driver I suppose a 2.5 legacy is more interesting to drive than a is250 (no offence meant to is250 drivers!). Great in the winter too.

@Rusty Crobar the performance is pretty much “0”.......practically is very good for us, we need the estate for the dogs and we have a dog kennel on wheels (caravan) was a purchase so the dogs can holiday with us 🙄.......passports too, there really is no place they don’t come with us 🤪.......it’s the wife 🙄......I’d have preferred the IS300 sport cross BUT age n boot space has played a major roll and the lack of an estate with the is250 😔.........was a toss up with this, a newer V70 or an accord, write we’re better on the outback......I just got a “not very well looked after one”..........despite having full Subaru main history AND being the directors wife car..........reinforces my main dealer views tbh..........they’re crap and get paid to work on your car or not!........therefore a “good Indy” is by far the best way forward 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Take one of the fuel pumps off - youll probably double your mpg :yahoo:

• Haha 1

Lexus Coventry are aware of the issue. They are ording in parts upon request. They say a component within the assembly is causing wear to the outer casing. Or something along those lines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Womble72 said:

@Rusty Crobar the performance is pretty much “0”.......practically is very good for us, we need the estate for the dogs and we have a dog kennel on wheels (caravan) was a purchase so the dogs can holiday with us 🙄.......passports too, there really is no place they don’t come with us 🤪.......it’s the wife 🙄......I’d have preferred the IS300 sport cross BUT age n boot space has played a major roll and the lack of an estate with the is250 😔.........was a toss up with this, a newer V70 or an accord, write we’re better on the outback......I just got a “not very well looked after one”..........despite having full Subaru main history AND being the directors wife car..........reinforces my main dealer views tbh..........they’re crap and get paid to work on your car or not!........therefore a “good Indy” is by far the best way forward 👍

Outback back, new 5 ply steel head gaskets fitted, £793 n pennies.........over £1000+ cheaper than Subaru themselves 😳........🤔......no brainer 🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Outback back, new 5 ply steel head gaskets fitted, £793 n pennies.........over £1000+ cheaper than Subaru themselves 😳........🤔......no brainer 🤪🤪🤪

@Womble72 Good news Paul that'll buy a nice exhaust for the 'F' matey..........:whistling:

🐀

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Womble72 Good news Paul that'll buy a nice exhaust for the 'F' matey..........:whistling:

🐀

@Big Rat A friend of mine had the H&S cat back system on his F.........was just under £900 🤪.........got to be a better deal with a group buy 🤔....I’m thinking the same as @Warrington guy, I like the thought of keeping my tips, I personally prefer the mesh in place 😳.......time n costs will tell 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It can't be that hard to weld different tips on at the end. No pun intended.

Been watching hands videos today through the cinema amp instead of my phone and now thinking.......cant bloody wait !!!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Womble72 Paul I know what you are saying about the mesh and tips I shall end with Ian at H&S what the position is regarding this.

🐀

Paul and Paul, I've already asked about this. I too am quite happy with the "fake" tips. Ian said they could supply the system without tips and reduce the cost accordingly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

It can't be that hard to weld different tips on at the end. No pun intended.

Been watching hands videos today through the cinema amp instead of my phone and now thinking.......cant bloody wait !!!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I may well stand corrected but I’m sure Dave’s System stops short like the stock exhaust, sounded great and wasn’t obvious to the key that it had been changed, I like the mesh in place BUT would happily have new tail pipes if it’s possible to keep the mesh or something similar 👍👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links