Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NX vs Infiniti QX 50 who wins

Please watch and give honest opinion.

My view is ; should Infiniti build a hybrid version of this then the NX is beaten.

Just look at the juxtaposition of materials, this car has a four tone dashboard of leather and wood with aluminium accents. Look at the quality of the switches and knobs compared to what we get in Lexus cars these days, am sure most people would agree this was how Lexus used to build their mainstream models not just the high end LC and LS of today. To top it all apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard as well as all the usual features such as (blind sport monitoring, lane assist, lane departure alerts etc)Personally if I were in the market for a mid size crossover today, I will take this over the NX or the German brands.

1 hour ago, Fatts said:

Please watch and give honest opinion.

My view is ; should Infiniti build a hybrid version of this then the NX is beaten.

Just look at the juxtaposition of materials, this car has a four tone dashboard of leather and wood with aluminium accents. Look at the quality of the switches and knobs compared to what we get in Lexus cars these days, am sure most people would agree this was how Lexus used to build their mainstream models not just the high end LC and LS of today. To top it all Apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard as well as all the usual features such as (blind sport monitoring, lane assist, lane departure alerts etc)Personally if I were in the market for a mid size crossover today, I will take this over the NX or the German brands.

It looks good but I wouldn't be sure of the quality of materials. The knobs are almost certainly metal looking plastic. A lot of these come from Mercedes

Infiniti quality is nowhere near Lexus though that's the issue - it all looks good but you know when you start prodding around.

It is a nice looking thing, if a little bland and similar to the latest Mazda SUVs imho.

I looked at Infiniti before deciding on my NX. I was quite impressed, but as @rayaansnotes, the interior quality wasn't QUITE there. Mostly excellent, but some cheapish plastics present in the boot and lower dashboard.

Even so, they will doubtless improve and this may be their breakthrough moment. TBH anything that draws people away from the generic German choices has to be a welcome addition to the market.

The NX has the look of presents over the infiniti

The infiniti has some good toys but you need all the comparisons spec level V's spec level etc

I didn't like the white leather seats it looks far better in black

Looks good, if a little too generic. It looks like it's a definite improvement over previous Infinitis and I would definitely like to take a closer look, although I am not sure it would tempt me away from Lexus.

One thing I do not like, is the location of the touch screen. For me, it is too low down.

Aesthetics are subjective of course: I think the NX has much better resolved styling than this QX50, with far better surfacing. The Infiniti D pillar kink looks contrived, but other premium manufacturers seem to be keen to develop a distinctive house style that differentiates them from those German manufacturers who no longer seem to employ exterior designers. So far only Lexus seem to have pulled this off. Looking at the LC and new LS in the showroom recently just reinforced that view. The QX50 interior looks quite appealing, though not more so than the NX.  I don't think Lexus need to worry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DanD said:

Looks good, if a little too generic. It looks like it's a definite improvement over previous Infinitis and I would definitely like to take a closer look, although I am not sure it would tempt me away from Lexus.

One thing I do not like, is the location of the touch screen. For me, it is too low down.

I agree an Infiniti cannot tempt me from Lexus, but I only shared the video in order that we can see that competitors are upping their game 

Some interior may in fact look good in pictures and video but may not necessarily be well put together in real life.

17 hours ago, Fatts said:

I agree an Infiniti cannot tempt me from Lexus, but I only shared the video in order that we can see that competitors are upping their game 

Some interior may in fact look good in pictures and video but may not necessarily be well put together in real life.

Upping their game? Not really.

Remember that the NX is actually a 2014 vehicle designed back in 2011 and its just had a facelift

The 2021 NX will most likely be all new. 

I like it. Pity it will only come to europe in 2019.

i find the NX a bit too small and the infinity is just that bit larger

i would seriously be interested in this car engine also seems highly modern and stronger than the NX

• 2 weeks later...

It's in the eye of the beholder of course, but I'd take the NX any day of the week (and, by definition, Lexus folk are open to brands such as Infiniti, so I genuinely don't think that is bias).

It's hard to discern quite why, but to me that Infiniti interior looks good but far from prestigious. Just a personal view, of course.