Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First time using iron remover

Odysseus

I’m slipping deeper into this detailing thing...

Last time I cleaned my car I spent ages doing the wheels. I pressure washed them, squirted them with diluted Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner, agitated with everything from wheel woollies to an old paint brush, pressure washed again, shampooed, washed again, then dried.

Sure they were clean but they weren’t as clean as I felt they should be given the time investment.

The LED me to recently buying some Valet Pro Dragon’s breath iron remover I wanted to try. So, accompanied by my two trusted assistants (5 and 4) I set about washing the car.

Before...

f8cb13b40dbecce02d1fb6fd2d99cd26.jpg

a47fbf6088e8ad3a39ce3da5b29b51a6.jpg

First job was the wheels. I pressure washed, cleaned, and gave them the full Bilberry treatment. I then washed it all off too see what I was left with.

This picture is having just applied the wheel cleaner.

14ba9ab4de25517bee53d536d8284e3a.jpg

It looked pretty clean after but still not as bright as I wanted, so I broke out the Dragon’s Breath, suitably decanted into a squirty bottle.

54d7d1c7b2e35b51e35f500ccc313f9f.jpg

Once squirted onto the wheels I left to dwell (on essentially very clean wheels) and came back to this...

198b29120e6e50285eb98172c4bab056.jpg

I must admit this was quite impressive! I then agitated this with a brush and cheapy noodle cleaner.

Then it was back to conventional washing.

Snowfoam has been on the car for some time before I got round to the picture, hence why it’s not very snowy.

1e1264bab1f7d31f2b8405a8fdb48dd1.jpg

Two bucket wash method followed then I dried the car. Results below.

9415a27db8927e0e02c6f1856e5fa133.jpg

9f5693ca3fd742b76dab9b40c5d5067c.jpg

Close up of far cleaner wheels...

44ec0e5454610de094d013879f994332.jpg

3a12b778a1636b1b3067e56621c36ca4.jpg

I’m chuffed with the result, plus it got my boys and me out in the fresh air for a few hours.

The detailing bug shows no sign of loosening its grip!

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

:) I use a foam with tfr in it as it gives it a bit more effectiveness, it does make it less foamy though. Worth noting with iron remover (fallout remover) that it doesn't remove the core metal. It dissolves rust that has formed around the iron allowing you to more easily mechanically remove it with clay etc.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 18/02/2018 at 3:26 PM, Comedian said:

:) I use a foam with tfr in it as it gives it a bit more effectiveness, it does make it less foamy though. Worth noting with iron remover (fallout remover) that it doesn't remove the core metal. It dissolves rust that has formed around the iron allowing you to more easily mechanically remove it with clay etc.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Be careful with TFR - not really supposed to be a regular thing. 

Degrades LSP and is a common cause of sill corrosion. 

Snow foam - providing its something like BH autofoam should be more than enough tbh

On a side note - those wheels weren't even that bad:

r7QSgJP.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links