Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disc Pad Wear Indicator On The Dashboard

latintxn

Greetings. My '97 LS400 has 63,500 miles and I just replaced all 4 disc pads with new OEM pads purchased from the Lexus dealership. I did this because the DiscPad Wear Indicator on the dashboard lit up at about 62,500 miles. After a smooth & successful job, I was assuming the DiscPad Wear Indicator light would turn off. But NO!! It's still there. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is it possible that I need to take the vehicle to the dealership so that they can do some type of reset? Any replies greatly appreciated.

Re pad warning light..if your warning system is the same as my '94

check the wires behind the discs that they are connected ok at the plug,

also on my '94 the warning light comes on when wire loop end next to the pad

wears through[open circuit].

If yours is the same check all these ends are not 'open circuit'

Greetings. My '97 LS400 has 63,500 miles and I just replaced all 4 disc pads with new OEM pads purchased from the Lexus dealership. I did this because the DiscPad Wear Indicator on the dashboard lit up at about 62,500 miles. After a smooth & successful job, I was assuming the DiscPad Wear Indicator light would turn off. But NO!! It's still there. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is it possible that I need to take the vehicle to the dealership so that they can do some type of reset? Any replies greatly appreciated.

Thanks to the 2 replies I got. First, I've checked the brake fluid level and that seems to be Ok.. Secondly, I just removed both the front right & rear right wheels to inspect the wear indicators as they're clipped to the 'inside' pad of each wheel. The front wheel's wear indicator seems normal BUT the rear wear indicator seems to have the loop exposed. It looks as if 2 open wire ends are exposed. Hope I've described it correctly. Do you think I may have to go to the dealership to purchase the entire wear indicator wire harness? I notice the the wear indicator wire harness plugs into another harness that leads underneath the vehicle.

Again, thanks for all replies.

spot on mudz, I think a new wire is called for, mine was the same on the back.

I just joined them and left the warning inoperative on one wheel until I get around to going for a new one.

As the the rear pads wear slower it's not desperate and the other side is OK.

To both MUDZS & ROYT - Thanks! I simply spliced the wires together & WAH-LAA!! And ROYT, you're right on target. Until I get around to purchasing the entire Wear Indicator Harness, I simply taped the spliced wires to one of the rear suspension components. Again, Thanks! gentlemen!!!

• 9 months later...