Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B&M Quickshift Fitted.

franmac

you mean the one that TTE highly recommend against as there is a great increase in  possible engine damage? :excl:  :excl:

Please let us have evidence to substantiate your comments Fluffy.

I have never seen or heard of engine damage resulting from our stage 1 upgrade, and do not expect to because the pressures and temperatures are well within the acceptable design limitations when installed as the correct package.

refer to the 2 posts above - ;) i have been looking into this for quite a while as i was planning on doing the upgrade myself. but following advice from TTE, I have decided against it.

Out of interest Mark how many "stage 1" upgrades have u done?

Could you get people a pic of the quickshift assy before it is fitted - would like to see one first.

Cheers Rob.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your imput Chaps :)

Sounds like speculation and opinion rather than fact to me though considering our 100% reliability record.

I don't think it is any secret that the standard connecting rods and pistons are not the best, which is why the stage 1 upgrade is only 2.2 psi (0.15 bar) over standard. The extensive (and expensive) other parts and work required to do this safely create a better enviroment for the engine than the standard compressor system ie the intake, exhaust and cylinder temperatures, and exhaust back pressures are lower than standard TTE, and the air/fuel ratio is correct.

We would not recommend the stage 2 boost kit on a standard engine, which is why we have developed stronger engine components.

I going to stand by view until I see evidence to the contrary :)

Sounds like speculation and opinion rather than fact to me though considering our 100% reliability record.

well thats ok then, good to see you know more about modifying the IS200 supercharger / engine than the head engineers of engine design/modification at TTE.

so how many cars have you fitted the stage one kit to then? and any chance of a pic of the short shift kit??

well thats ok then, good to see you know more about modifying the IS200 supercharger / engine than the head engineers of engine design/modification at TTE.

so how many cars have you fitted the stage one kit to then? and any chance of a pic of the short shift kit??

I can understand why you might think that, as we may well have done more r&d outside of the standard compressor kit than TTE have, but don't put TTE down please it's not fair to them.

I am not prepared to provide you with any more information or help until you applogise (you know why)

I can understand why you might think that, as we may well have done more r&d outside of the standard compressor kit than TTE have, but don't put TTE down please it's not fair to them.

this is starting to get wildly :offtopic: but we can start a new one if you want?

eh? never put TTE down mate

so "third time lucky" how many cars have you fitted with the stage 1?

and now back to the original subject - have you got a picture of the quickshift kit so the members can see what its all about?

and now back to the original subject - have you got a picture of the quickshift kit so the members can see what its all about?

I refer you to my previous post

zee even more :offtopic: what about the euro meet for a chat :winky:

Yep - thought of that last night Dave....

Lets discuss at Gaydon over a coffee...

Sorry about being :offtopic:

Back on topic - any pics please Mark? I'm tempted.... :D

4th time lucky? no? oh ok, then lets put it this way, for the of the 1000's of members that the club has and also the people that are considering modifying their cars, dont you think that it would be benificial to post an picture of the quickshift kit so people can see in a bit more detail what they may be planning to buy? and also for the few people that are planning on getting your "stage 1" pulley upgrade, how many cars you have done this mod on?

many thanks, lots of kisses

robby bobby

ps the teddy bear is back in the pram now.

And the advertised gearknob ????

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...4&hl=quickshift

Really Mark it's not a problem, just like to know if it was supposed to be included as per original advertisement.

Had a full day now to get used to it and can highly recommend it to any member thinking of investing ..... a great addition to the car.

franmac.

Yep - thought of that last night Dave....

Lets discuss at Gaydon over a coffee...

:offtopic: okey dokey Zee

on topic............I had a go with Maz's and it felt really positive

can't wait til Friday :driving:

You been playing with my Knob Dave?........ :whistling::whistling::whistling: :P :P :P

and you get your car back on friday? cool....... B) B) B) B) B)

And the advertised gearknob ????

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...4&hl=quickshift

Really Mark it's not a problem, just like to know if it was supposed to be included as per original advertisement.

Had a full day now to get used to it and can highly recommend it to any member thinking of investing ..... a great addition to the car.

franmac.

Hi Franmac

We were orginally told that the kit came with an alloy knob, but the information was about as reliable as the delivery dates :angry:

I am very sorry if anyone is disappointed by this error, and will happily accept the kits back for a refund if it makes any difference to any one.

Mark :)

4th time lucky? no? oh ok, then lets put it this way, for the of the 1000's of members that the club has and also the people that are considering modifying their cars, dont you think that it would be benificial to post an picture of the quickshift kit so people can see in a bit more detail what they may be planning to buy? and also for the few people that are planning on getting your "stage 1" pulley upgrade, how many cars you have done this mod on?

many thanks, lots of kisses

robby bobby

ps the teddy bear is back in the pram now.

one - kieran's

I could be wrong?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links