Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alex

How did yours come to be white - did you remove the yellow shells or have the whole assemblies been replaced.

I quite like the white ones actually - I'd possibly be willing to swap with you - whereabouts are you?

Standard fog bulbs in the GS are HB4 (9006) - same as the low beam bulbs. You might be able to find yellow paint for them, if you can find something that wil withstand he heat - I'm not sure if painting halogen bulbs will kill them though.

Originally posted by trdsolara2k

Well, I really NEED the yellow cover.. If anyone has it, PLEASE inform me if anyone gets a hold of a pair..

trdsolara2k@yahoo.com

Alex

OK Alex - I'll bite :lol::lol:

Why do you NEED them so bad??

because, i dont have a gs.. i have a toyota solara.. its a car only in the states.. they dont come with yellow fogs but i really want them badly.. i just got LEXUS hid conversion and i really want yellow foglights.. i wanna be like a lexus.. :smilegrin: anyway, i tried yellow bulbs, but all of them have higher wattage and blow in a couple of weeks.. if ANYONE has yellow covers.. i will be VERY grateful..

Since you guys have NO idea what a Solara is, ill put up a link.. i have everything from the North America TRD..

Pretty car!!

What about tinting the inside of the lenses??

Trust me, you're never gonna get the GS shells - the ONLY way to get them off is to destroy them.

Are they exactly the same as the GS?? - like I say - I might be willing to swap if they are (I like white foggies).

thanks for the compliment, they are racing hart c5's.. i dont want that yellow look when the lights are off.. no, my fogs arent the same as the gs's.. what do you mean? i dont get it, why is it so hard to take off? i just might go to a junk yard and get a pair of fogs from a wrecked gs.. and after i take them off, if you want the clear fogs, i could send it to you if you pay for shipping.. well.. keep me informed if anyone comes across any..

Alex

The reasons the yellow shells are impossible to remove without breaking is that they are glass shells that are bonded to the inside of the foglamp housing. On a GS, if you want white foglamps, you have to smash the yellow shells to little bits and shake all the bits out - there's no way to get them out whole.

There seems to be lots of aftermarket lights that look clear when off and go a different colour with light behind (like the rear lights on a IS) - maybe you could get some yellow stuff that does the same - it must be a film or paint or summunk??

(Thanks for the offer of the clear ones - I can always make mine clear though by removing the shells - just a case of getting round to it).

Cheers:tumble:

Originally posted by GS3-Kid858

Hey rodders i would be willing to trade my white fogs for your yellow one :smilegrin: i live in san diego so hope there isn't a problem

ted

Hiya

Prolly would be a problem cos I'm in th UK and one of us would have to go around with no foglights while they're in transit:tumble:

• 3 weeks later...