Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cool! Well, this forum is all about sharing information amongst enthusiasts and hopefully saving time and cash.

Let us know how your car feels like once the parts are installed. I've noticed with the rear bushes, that the ride feels smoother at the back when it's much warmer. It's probably the polyurethane expanding slightly when it's warmer outside. When the bushes were fitted, it was snowing outside, so the bushes were probably contracting. Just my theory....

I've been reading a lot recently about how replacing engine mounts and the transmission mount makes a HUGE difference to Mk1s which have done MEGA mileage. I'm probably gonna try getting those parts from the US in the next few months.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hi Turner,

You will find the contact imformation in the brakes and suspension forum posted by maneesh.

Rear axle carrier bushes $92.00+$60.00 for shipping.

Front upper control arm $271.00

Rear upper control arm $99.00 +$45.00 for shipping.

I found it best to telephone these people and ask for them by name rather than email both very helpful.Call from about 4.00pm our time.I will let you know when they arrive,posted on friday say they take 3 to 4 days to get to UK.

As you can see over 50% cheaper and you cant buy the bushes here.

Andy,

Are you sure about the price of the rear upper control arms? Seems really cheap? I thought they were the same price as the front upper control arms?

The bushes are more than I paid for them. I think I paid $46 for them.