Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Fitted Rear Parking Sensors?

Anyone fitted aftermarket rear parking sensors to Mk1 or Mk2?

Turner - I think you've done it on your car. Any tips? Where did you buy the sensors from?

I've seen a lot of kits on eBay, but not sure of the quality. I like the one where you get a LED display panel which shows the distance to the object/wall behind the rear of the car.

Thanks!

Hi

Yes i bought a aftermarket kit cost me about £35 and wasn't to bad to do once i found a wiring route for the cable so i can have the LED display on the dash

Also check where your drilling on the bumper as i found out what looks like a steel girder behind there and only a limited amount of space to drill the rest is comprested foam

Make sure you get a cutting tool for the sensor's in the kit as this is a lot easier

I'm looking for another kit and i might try them on the front

Cheers

Andy

When I was looking at front sensors, the comment was that the emitted field tends to project both ways (i.e. outwards and inwards) to an extent, and that the moving parts of the engine might well effect the reading at the front - specific calibration would be needed. Just something to bear in mind.

Thanks for the info. I like the 4 sensors plus a LED display, but £120 is a lot. Might try the ones on eBay.

Turner, did you take the bumper off to find out best place to drill through? Is it easy to take off the rear bumper?

novel idea, but some of the dearer std ones (comparable in price to this) will give a readout from each sensor, which would give you a better idea of what was where behind you. i saw one the other day which was a satnav system, where the screen displayed the sensor readouts, and would also show a picture from a rearview camera, but it was a grand, and now i can't find where i saw it!

Anyone heard of this technology? Interesting feature, if it works without drilling.

http://www.sempal.co.uk/acatalog/spal_park...ce_sensors.html

(The first product featuring microwave aerial)

I believe some RF systems (aerial system) have trouble when the bumper is wet (ie in rain). Also confirm that the system will give a reading while standing still - some work on doppler sensing and only indicate when the distance is changing.

Don't know anything about these particular systems, but a couple of things to look out for.

Make sure you go for the Quanans (and ask for a discount)

I dont know why you bother with teh display, I think it would spoil th elook of the interior and I personally always look in the side mirrors when reversing so wouldnt be looking at the dash. - The sound is good enough on its own

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links