Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

Finally got my LS400.

Love the thing to bits and i cant believe how little fuel it uses!

One thing i need to know though is why the heated seats dont heat?

Seems like a very common problem on these cars as so far i havent seen a ls400 where they actually work yet.

Is it a fuse or am i doing something stupid like do i need to put the heater on full before they will work? :blink:

Cheers guys :D

Congrats on the new car :)

Nearly all the people buying older LS400s say the seats don't work. Nobody has posted what they have done to fix it though.

There is a 15A heater fuse in one of the footwells and also the 20A S/HTR in the engine bay. Worth checking but I think the problem may be the switch unit which has electronics/relays built into it.

how old is your new drain on your wallet?? as toyota seem to have problems with the electronics on the early ones, i guess colin's observation is the most likely. if it were mine, i'd be looking for a small connector under the seat, or an interconnecting wire in the region of the rear of the squab and the bottom of the back. but as mine is a 1990, they don't have heated seats, so i can't offer any more.

but i'm only in hungerford, so if you want a meet up, PM me and we can swap 'fishing stories'. <_<

Sorry chaps, all 4 have always worked a treat, trouble is the switches for the fronts are just where I used to put my phone (on top of the open (unused!!!) ashtray, so often turned one or other on by mistake. Fine in winter, not quite so clever on a hot day!!!

Dave

:D Hi guys!

Sorry i didnt reply soon, been too busy out driving it :driving:

Its a 1996 N, Metallic blue and Mint with a FLSH. Dealer was deperate to shift it so i played a hard bargain and got him to literally give me it for free at only £4800!

:D Very happy to say the least.

Yeah this weekend i'll snoop about for fuses and the like cuz im sure its something like that.

I only got the photo from the Autotrader advert at the mo and it looks almost black in that so i'll take a nice pic at the weekend for you all.

BTW My local lexus dealer is Reading are amazing.

Not only have they given me - Free Keyring, Free Manual, Free Mat Clips and Free Number Plates! They are the nicest most helpful people i have ever met. They cant do enough for you!

I heard the lexus service was good but its amazing! And i havent even had a service done on the car there yet or anything!

Im going to write a letter to them thanking them for everything they have done for me.

I think im gonna be driving Lexus for the rest of my life now B)

Aren't the heated seats supposed to warm up the leather so it doesn't feel cold rather than get it so warm you can actually feel it.

I find it hard to believe Lexus (of all people) can't get a bit of heater wire to work!

Aren't the heated seats supposed to warm up the leather so it doesn't feel cold rather than get it so warm you can actually feel it.

I find it hard to believe Lexus (of all people) can't get a bit of heater wire to work!

You may have a point there. I could have sworn that when i put the heated seats on the first time they did take the chill off the leather. But i always thought heated seats went really warm.

Oh well

it may have been, but i used to like sitting on the solid fuel boiler in the kitchen (cos it was warm and cosy) and every time she saw me, she used to have a little go about 'farmer giles'!! she was right of course, took me ages to get rid of them! :lol: