• Double 8
    • Single 10
    • Double 10
    • Single 12
    • Double 12
    • Single 15
    • Double 15
    • OTHER

Please vote on what bass you have, and also what sort of music you listen to?

I've got a nice double 10" box kicking here, but I dont think it will suit my taste in music.

Hi

I have a Kicker 15" Square Solobaric Sub, small bax, so still have boot space.

sounds very good, but was not getting high bass notes, so I have also installed DLS 7x10's and am runng them near enough full range, for the Kicker i am using a 1100 Watts RMS digital Monoblock.

The bass is very good, but i am worried about the back windscreen as it is flexling quite a bit.

The bass is very good, but i am worried about the back windscreen as it is flexling quite a bit.

:lol:

I think a 15" is bit too extreme, 12 seems right, i''ve had single 12"s in my other cars. But the thing is I have a double 10" box lying around at home... not sure if its suited to my style of music tho, ragga/reaggae/dancehall and bit of jungle, arent 10S made more for house/trance etc?

Hi

I have a Kicker 15" Square Solobaric Sub, small bax, so still have boot space.

sounds very good, but was not getting high bass notes, so I have also installed DLS 7x10's and am runng them near enough full range, for the Kicker i am using a 1100 Watts RMS digital Monoblock.

rajhirani its all about the Solobaric - im going to change my 2 15"s for them later in the year - they are the dogs *******.

Raz what kind of music you into?? Im into a bit of everything mainly RnB - and two 15"s does the job very well - i have not installed them into my Lex yet due to not having any time but cant wait to have the B-LINE pushing through my chest again. :wacko::wacko::ohmy::yahoo::nuke:

Also the head unit and amp will make a considerable difference to the Low pass output and sound quality - personaly for headunits i recomend Alpine with Kenwood a close second!! :winky: As for amps :ohmy: my kicker amp does the business :D

Raz what kind of music you into?? Im into a bit of everything mainly RnB - and two 15"s does the job very well - i have not installed them into my Lex yet due to not having any time but cant wait to have the B-LINE pushing through my chest again. :wacko::wacko::ohmy::yahoo::nuke:

Also the head unit and amp will make a considerable difference to the Low pass output and sound quality - personaly for headunits i recomend Alpine with Kenwood a close second!! :winky: As for amps :ohmy: my kicker amp does the business :D

Shahz, dancehall/bashment. 15"s seem too extreme.

And I cant be :tsktsk: to get a new head unit, that money is going towards my new rims B) Anyways I would need to keep the original HU in the boot to keep the sat nav working too.

I think I might just use my double 10 box :unsure:

Steve. Hope you dont mind me asking but how are you wiring it all up. I've been wanting to put an amp and subs in mine but have been told it's impossible becasue i have sat nav. Is it possible to keep the factory headunit and bypass the stock amp and fit a new one with "hi level inputs"?

Cheers

Steve. Hope you dont mind me asking but how are you wiring it all up. I've been wanting to put an amp and subs in mine but have been told it's impossible becasue i have sat nav. Is it possible to keep the factory headunit and bypass the stock amp and fit a new one with "hi level inputs"?

Cheers

Bro,

Fargo done the same!! Oxford car audio done his, they completly by passed the stock amp.

I've looked into this, it means,

getting 2 new amps, 1 to power the from speakers and 6 X 9s,

and 1 too power the subs.

And you will need to get special pods etc. just seems very expensive to upgrade, what is already a class system.

Whos the person with the single 10", can I have a little more feedback please ;)

I think I might just use my double 10 box :unsure:

As youve got the 10 box you should try it out - if it isnt enough you could always sell it on and get yourself 12s ;)

Bro, i've wasted loads a money on cheap and cheerful ice already, and as this is a lex, I wanna get get it right 1st time (and still get a bargin :lol: )

At the mo, I have a double 10" box with Furys in them.. not sure on the wattage. And I also have a 12" JVC 450W (probably stick it in my daily runabout when i get one).

I was think of sticking 2 vibe PT100s in the box, 600W RMS total, should be enough :whistling:

I have a JL W7 13 inch, connected to a JL 500/1 at 3 ohms, it also has a five farad cap and an optima battery, it more than does the job !

13" :unsure:

Deans you installs through the ski hatch isnt it?

I was think of sticking 2 vibe PT100s in the box, 600W RMS total, should be enough :whistling:

Should do the job - seeing as you dont want to go overboard - it will give you more than enough power!!

now the problem is finding a decent priced amp to rum them :angry:

I have a JL W7 13 inch, connected to a JL 500/1 at 3 ohms, it also has a five farad cap and an optima battery, it more than does the job !

13" :unsure:

yeah it comes straight through the ski hatch, that way you dont get all them rattles in the boot.

The JL W7 13 inch can handle a 1000 WRMS My Amp only gives it half of what it can handle.

yeah it comes straight through the ski hatch, that way you dont get all them rattles in the boot.

The JL W7 13 inch can handle a 1000 WRMS My Amp only gives it half of what it can handle.

I like the rattles in the boot :unsure:

I thought it wasnt healthy to rum subs with less powerful amps? :question:

If it is thats my problem solved :unsure:

I like the rattles in the boot :unsure:

I thought it wasnt healthy to rum subs with less powerful amps? :question:

If it is thats my problem solved :unsure:

no its not healthy to under power the sub, JL said the minimum I could run was the 500/1, they said it would be ok running that, but they also said it will not get the full use of the sub, they recommend I fit the 1000/1 to it, and say i can run upto 2000 WRMS through it. A 1000/1 is much larger and I just didnt have the room for it and it was pretty expensive, but the 500/1 is more than enough i have the gain on the amp at just over half way.

Ive seen them take a JL W7 and connect it to the mains thats 240 volts running through the coil and it still worked after wards, so I took their word when they said it would be ok.

Dam, looks like i might need to get two amps then.....

Where has everyone installed there amp(s)? behind the back seats? or should I install it on the box itself?

Dam, looks like i might need to get two amps then.....

Where has everyone installed there amp(s)? behind the back seats? or should I install it on the box itself?

what sub you planning to run ?

you can put your amps anywhere, its all about your personal design. if you get nice matching amps it can be nice to have them on show. or you can just hide them away. best thing to do is get ideas from other peoples designs.

also has a five farad cap and an optima battery,

Makes me chuckle the way the 'ICE boyz' talk about farads :)

No apparent understanding of how HUGE a single farad is ...

They just 'KNOW' they need more and more of them :D

See that tweeter.... thas a million watts that is :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links