AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
mickg

Ls400 Suspension Noise Issues

I recently purchased a 1995 Lexus LS 400 from my brother. He took immaculate car of the vehicle and drove it only 55000 miles. When I first drive the car and come to a stop I notice a rather loud crack type of noise from the front end. This noise only seems to occur when I first stop the car after it has sat idle for a while. I checked the torque on all of the bolts on the brake system and front suspension and everything was to specification. If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Is it definitely a cracking noise or a clunking noise? I have clunking noise when braking from the front, which might be the lower ball joints or the sway bar bushes. Both are quite cheap to replace I think.

also check for a broken spring or springs...both front springs were broken on

my '94 when I bought it.

The last three cars I've had all had broken front springs..Honda,Merc. Lex.

:blink:

Is it definitely a cracking noise or a clunking noise? I have clunking noise when braking from the front, which might be the lower ball joints or the sway bar bushes. Both are quite cheap to replace I think.

It's definitely a loud type of crack noise. The springs and ball joints appear to be fine. Oddly this only occurs when I first drive the car. Thanks for the help

It's not just the brake pads moving is it?

It may be just that. I can't find anything else loose or broken. The pads are almost new, I have never had a car make such a noise before.