Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Perfect Shine Kit - Wow!

maneesh

I previously used to use Autogylm super resin polish, then mer, then tried turtle wax extreme polish. Anyway, I never got the really deep shine I saw on other cars, which always bothered me.

Then a newsletter came from LOC and one of the offers was for www.lexuscarcare.com, from which I bought the perfect shine kit.

Comes with everything you need, including the BEST buffing towels I have ever used. (No lint at all, plus no waxing dust either).

I just tried it today on my 12 year old LS400, and what can I say, not like a brand new car, but definitely makes the car stand out on the road. The paint shows much more depth to the colour now, and on most body panels, it really is like a mirror! Driving around London today, I could see people looking at the car. The neighbours must have thought I was nuts getting up at 7.30am on a Sunday to wash the car, but lots noticed the shine when finished. The major difference in the kit is the P21s carnuba wax, which I have never used before.

Hopefully tomorrow I get the camera and take a piccie and you can judge for yourselves. I just hope the deep shine lasts even through rain or being parked under trees.

I'm well chuffed with the results so far. :lol::lol:

Will keep you updated.

Maneesh

Cool! An interesting thread. Perhaps there are people out there who are paid just to try different waxes and polishes, and we do it for nothing! I think the clay bar is a great product, and I would have used that if I had more time. I think in the summer I will have more time, and I will use the clay bar then.

It's funny today, as I kept driving past shop windows in traffic and checking out the reflection!

I was using the Autoglym too, best get to the site now

My neighbours think Im strange anyway, live in a flat and we have a forecourt for around 80 garages. 1 tap in the forecourt, never seen anyone else using it, every Sunday its mine :D

The looks on the road are worth the strange looks from my neighbours :winky:

i got a bar of something that looks like blue tack..lol mat wilderness gave it to me at JAE

last yr really does work well if you keep moulding it.. gets rid of any stuff stuck to the paint as long as you keep the suface nice and wet...

A piccie to show the shine I got. Doesn't show it off really as this is after it rained today and the sky was very cloudy when taking the picture.

Also after raining the car was covered in tiny round beads of water, just as promised on the label.

Oh, before anyone mentions it, yes the alloys are a bit small!

I ordered mine last Thursday and it arrived by Monday(my missis thought that it was a present for her) Ha Ha!!!!!!

Just waiting for a nice day now so that i can get out there and put the stuff on!!!

Thanks for putting us on to it, there will be some nice shiny Lexus's out there this summer!!!!

See you all cruising sometime.

Karlos

Two weeks since I used the kit, and the deep shine was still there, despite being covered by tree sap and dirt. Anyway, I washed the car again today just using the gloss shampoo supplied and the spritz spray afterwards. Damn, car looks good again!

Plus, I used the P21S multi surface restorer on the front chrome grille and the front and rear L badges. The grill and badges look like new again. Truly impressive stuff - better than the chrome polishes I have used before. Wanted to try it on the exhaust tips but it got too dark (yes, I'm a saddo who washes his car on a Sat night!!!). :lol:

Anyone else tried using the kit yet?

i used my perfect shine kit today

I dont think the car has been polished for a while as this is the first time i have polished the car... from now on it should be easier to polish

the perfect shine kit is brill.. the aplicator sponge is sweet!

the wax was a gem to use and remove

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that after washing the car, I rinsed the shampoo off with clean water. The water literally would not stay on the car, it just rolled off. Very little work to do with the chamois.

Steve - how deep is your shine then?

went out this morning and as walking past the car I was admiring the shine.

When i bought the car it was very dirty... from what i could make out the car was parked under trees as the rubbers around the windows were green.

After a few jet washes this was removed... now i have given the car its first polish I think it will take a few more for me to restore it properly.

But the perfect shine kit certainly removed the oxidisidation from the

paintwork.

This is what the kit looks like

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album02/IMG_0945

the cloths supplied are amazing.. so glad they are washable as these worked so well

car finished

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album02/IMG_0947

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album02/IMG_0949

if you want to see a really high res then click the image and wait a short while for the image to fuly load... very high res image