Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all :lol:

I am having some problems with the front bushes on both wishbones and the drivers side wheel bearing, can anyone direct me to where I can purchsae the bushes only or on how to repiar without having to pay a fortune.

Also does anyone have the part number or bearing number for the wheel bearing

Regards

Wes :driving: :mat:

I too have a Mark 2 GS300 SE (on an 'S') with dodgy bushes. Lexus want over a grand to do the job :angry: less my Gold discount :D , which stil makes it a little over £800 Looks as though this could be a common problem, still, I didnt notice anything wrong with the suspension and/or steering, Lexus only mentioned it at the last service as it will be an mot failure in September :tsktsk:

Andy

I have since found out that you cannot purchase a bush on its own and the bottom wishbone has to be replaced completely, a new one is about £200+vat from Lexus, or second hand for around £75.00.

But be careful the toyota supra has same wishbone so breakers might be selling this too you as a Lexus part.

Andy the £1k seems a bit heavy might be better to buy the bushes new or second hand and have them fitted by your own local mechanic if posible, you should be able to do the job in half the dealer quote.

Remember the tracking will have to be rechecked and aligned.

Best of Luck

Awais

• 3 years later...
I have since found out that you cannot purchase a bush on its own and the bottom wishbone has to be replaced completely, a new one is about £200+vat from Lexus, or second hand for around £75.00.

But be careful the toyota supra has same wishbone so breakers might be selling this too you as a Lexus part.

Andy the £1k seems a bit heavy might be better to buy the bushes new or second hand and have them fitted by your own local mechanic if posible, you should be able to do the job in half the dealer quote.

Remember the tracking will have to be rechecked and aligned.

Best of Luck

Awais

Gents ..

Here's my 2p worth:

Upper/lower wishbone bushes on the Lexus in general are replaceable, and they are not an integral part of the wishbone assembly. This is what the official service manuals show on the exploded views. I'm yet, however, to source a good, and I mean good, supplier of Japanese car parts that stocks the entire range of parts. And don't tell me about japarts.com, because they are as useless (usual disclaimer about opinions being my own and the whole 9 yards).

So .. is it time to start a business supplying a full range of jap parts ? perhaps, and I am seriously contemplating it. A warehouse that can supply anything Japanese and Korean, at affordable prices.

Any way .. back to the bushes issue. If you are really stuck, let me know. I can get them £50 a set for both uppper and lower ones.

One more thing: if I were any of you, I would not buy anything suspension second hand, much less wishbones, and even much less bushes. This is rubber, and wear and tear would have had it's toll no matter what; add to that the almost 100% guarantee that the item would have been persuaded out with a hammer, and the rest is history.

ta ..

worldentropy

You're replying to a thread which is 3 years old??

Interested to know how you can supply bushes for £50 for a set when non are available as a specific fit.

There is no lower wishbone, only ball joints, which are now around £45 each for genuine Toyota and the upper wishbones are around £160 now FYI.

What problems do you have with Japarts?? always found them very good.