Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Is200 Sport - A Good Deal

I have been thinking of buying a 2nd hand low mileage IS200 SE up to £15K.

Yesterday I came across (at a non Lexus garage but another well known franchise) a 1999 T reg IS200 Sport with satnav - genuine 21000 miles - the car is truly immaculate with full service history. Colour Aztex fire. It drives great and at £11500 I am tempted. Bit doubtful about colour but any views on this early example and the price? Cheers!

i would say thats a good price... its only the mileage that makes it a good price too.. as it is a T plate these normally go for about 10K -11K privately with average mileage

That's not bad mate, I bought an X plate in October last year which was on 54k and it was 13,500 for the non satnav Sport model. That was from a Lexus dealer though.

I got a fantastic deal on trade in though - 11k for my old car (only lost 2k on it in 18 months from new!)

Main thing to think about is that you won't get the Lexus approved warranty with this car if it's a non Lexus dealer you're buying from so make sure things are okay otherwise you could end up with a hefty repair bill if you're unlucky!!!

Hi

I don't think that sounds bad, at all.

The average miles for that age will be about 50,000 and the sat nav is a real plus.(Sport - bonus!)

The colour is ace. I was looking for an aztec fire or royal sapphire when I got mine. The blue came up first.

Be sure to give it a good checking, as it is out of Lexus warranty.(things like corroded alloys, stereo etc. - you'll find all the things to look for on here)

Get it bought. :D

Cheers

Lofty

I would say its THAT good a price, regularly see 99 is200`s in the trader for £9k-£10k.... But it`s very low miles with SAT NAV and a nice colour....

Take it for a drive and see what you think mate....

Should`nt the cam belt be done at 100k or 5 years (Which ever comes first?.... if so and it aint done... get them to throw that in as well...

Then......... GET IT BOUGHT!!!!! LOL