Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just driven back from Coventry and brake warning light came on about 70miles from London.

Stopped at service station checked brake fluid level and resevoir for leaks, all appeared ok. Checked wheels for signs of siezed callipers, excessive heat etc all seamed ok.

had a look in handbook and only reference appeared to suggest carrying out a 'check' rather than the 'take car to Lexus dealer' warning so completed journey

On way back listened out for any funny noises or uneven braking and all seemed ok.

I am hoping its just a warning to replace pads and have booked car in for brake inspection.

Has any one had similar experience, should I be concerned?

Yep, there's no pad warning sensors on mine. Low fluid can bring it on, so can the brake light warning system. Mine starts coming on just as a bulb is starting to go sometimes too, but visibly it is still working.

B)

Yep those rear lights are badly designed I have to say.

Has anyone got the nut off, only to find it drops behind the carpet covering and onto the boot floor? What a pain!!

I find it easier just to pull all the plastic panels off now!

:lol:

The same happened to me the other day,Ive got a Halfords just around the corner.Without taking the bulb out and taking it into the shop with me i told them i needed a brake light bulb for my gs300.They pointed to the little book on the shelf with the bulbs and in the book it says that i need the same type as the rear fog light.This bulb has a metal bayonet type fitment.WRONG after takin the cluster out it turns out the brake light bulb is of the capless type.Is yours the same or are their books wrong?kell