Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Transmission Problem?

ah.in that case, first thing to try and do is disconnect the ECU for approx 10-30 mins.this should reset the short term memory.

you will then be able to re-teach the gearbox your driving habits.

if this fails to solve the problem, in 2002 there was an ECU upgrade for the is300 auto due to the problem you are mentioning

Mines just started doing the same, seems to sort of hesitate and then changes with a jolt, only does it now and then, and only between 1st and 2nd.

I think as Mat said it learns your style of driving, because mine only started when i drove it hard in manaul for a couple of days.

I'm now trying to teach it good behavour now ;)

Also Mat, is there a fuse or something you pull out to reset the ECU ?

• 6 years later...

Thanks for this post! I know its old but ive had my IS300 for nearly 3 years and it does this clunking thing intermittently when slowing down and occurs from 2nd to 1st i thought!

I will try this tomorrow and hopefuly it will behave!

just disconnect the battery...........leave it about 30 mins, time for a cup of Tea

• 6 years later...
On 8/23/2004 at 1:51 PM, Monster-Mat said:

ah.in that case, first thing to try and do is disconnect the ECU for approx 10-30 mins.this should reset the short term memory.

you will then be able to re-teach the gearbox your driving habits.

if this fails to solve the problem, in 2002 there was an ECU upgrade for the is300 auto due to the problem you are mentioning

What do you mean there was an ECU upgrade? I have a 2001  and I have experienced it since about 2003, specially when going uphill very slow. What do I need to do, change the ECU or just re-program? I thought this was normal but now after reading this I see that it isn't. right now it is becoming worst,  shifting hard when going from 1st to second.