aido

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, does this bit look right?

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/Image_082

Have connected the ring terminal to the clamp that holds the Battery, removed the nut and the square metal bit then put the terminal in there - wanted to verify this is right before hooking the Battery back up!

TIA

Might do that Pete as it will be easier to get my spanner on that one and means I don't have to worry about messing around when changing the Battery - is that where yours is (on the top bolt) ?

Did you pay much attention at school Mr Aido :whistling:

Your first connection picture is in-correct

All fixings and connectors are used.

The relay assembly does not plug in the way you have shown it.

It takes the input from the oem plug you actully remove from your oem lightbulb, perhaps using one of the leads 4 or 5 to adapt it.

The other end of the relay assembly is then used to goto the ballast, again you use either part 4 or 5 to connect it. ( cant see the connectors that clear in your diagram ).

Your latest connection onto the Battery terminal, i would not advise you make the connection at this point but at the other bolt available, reason being it leaves your Battery removal nut totally accessable when you need to disconnect the Battery in future.

Remember that water would normally run downward, so place all components in such a way that water will not run down into it.

If all fails, you better phone for help.

Thanks for that Steve, just realised there was a problem as the existing harness would not connect directly to the ballast as there is a lug in the way - have rewired as shown in Pete's photo!

Just looking for my spanner set to undo the hood strut so I can connect the ground point then will give it a go :)

You mean a HEX key to undo your hood strut...

I think we used a 10mm bolt into one of the existing threaded holes in Pete's car on the passenger side for GND point, and the existing bolt at the hood strut where I guess your going to be using.

Make sure it's a good enough ground connection after, you can do a continunity check with a multi meter from your new GDN connection point to the car GDN Battery termanal, you are looking for a VERY low resistance... I mean very low...

Confused yet :unsure: I AM

Gonna go and fire her up now see if the RHS works!

Fingers crossed!

If there are any GDN problems how would they manifest themselves?

Will give you a buzz shortly mate :)

It's not working on the driver side (haven't tried otherside yet) but realised I never took any paint off - I'm going to try doing that on the same point used on your's Pete - all the wiring is correct now btw.

Cannot get the ring terminals on the top nut of the positive side - the screw is too big to get the ring over - did you have to adjust yours at all? For now I've attached both to the clamp so I can start ruling things out...

Hehe, bugger :P

Got the RHS working, it was a GND problem.

Got a multimeter on the job and the left hand side reads 0.005 and the right 0.001 - the RHS (drivers) is now working, but it looks like I've gone and blown a fuse on the LHS (passenger) as now none of the lights in that cluster are working - ****!

Anyone got any ideas where the fuse is located for those?

Thanks again for the help guys!

OK, tried swapping fuses around and think I've identified the ones for side & dipped, this has made no difference however.

If I take the fuse from the LHS which isn't working and put it into the RHS it works.

Any other ideas?

Is there another fuse that controls side & dipped?

TIA.