Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want An Is200

tcooper

squarehead Posted on Sep 12 2004, 02:11 PM

QUOTE (jbi507 @ Sep 9 2004, 10:29 PM)

thats abit rude isnt it, saying it might be out of his price range.

i'm 20, and i have an is200 se, brand new on order.

you could of made the same wrong assumtion about me. 

Well your either a drug dealer or Daddy is paying 

neither, am just a normal guy going to uni.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all your feed back, the Altezza RS200 i haven't really seen??? and i looking for a manual, i really do not like auto, and luxuary im not to fussed about anyway... The only other factor i have to consider is the insurance, i am only 20 without no claims bonus, sincei just wrote my car off... what kind of price will i be looking at for insurance?

Thanks

Tom

is200 is a group 12 insurance

is200 sport is a 13

and Altezza RS200 is same as the is300.... a group 15

2 groups aint bad for the extra performance mate.

ok, but is the rs200 thing a different shape, i cant tell cos i cannot find many pics of one... it is toyota and not a lexus as well yea? need some info you see i didn't really know it exsisted until few days ago. just thought was mod of is200.

Tom

:lol: Fair Play mate,

I had a hi spec IS at 20 too ;)

£8'000.... Duncans spent almost 20k in mods on his i think..... Nuff Said :whistling:

Cooper your insurance could be a problem mate, only 20? mine was £2500 with a CLEAN license and no no claims.

Hope that helps.

Well your either a drug dealer or Daddy is paying :lol:

A lot of people assume the 1st with me, but its the second :whistling::lol:

ok, but is the rs200 thing a different shape, i cant tell cos i cannot find many pics of one... it is toyota and not a lexus as well yea? need some info you see i didn't really know it exsisted until few days ago. just thought was mod of is200.

Tom

Lexus and Toyota are one in the same. Although i think they will be sister companies in the future, both still owned by the same Co, but doing thier own thing.

The Toyota version (Altezza) in whatever type, AS, RS etc is the same shape and pretty much the same mechanics as the IS apart from engine/interior differences (and a couple of badges).

Sup to you what to go for, why dont you get a couple of insurance quotes first to see the dif?

If you want the best bang for buck then i guess the RS200, if you want a little more luxury then the IS200.

If you want the cheapest then the AS (altezza).

The cheapest IS is the S (cloth interior, 16in rims, no sunroof)

the SE has Leather interior, sunroof and 17 in wheels

The Sport has as the SE but Rear tints, LSD, Alloy pedals/sill runners rear lip spoiler.

Then you have the LE (limited edition) which was Full Leather, HID lamps, Photcohromic rear mirror and different alloys.

All IS200 share the same engine/mechanics.

All can be modded......Supercharges, NoS, body kits, induction kits, exhausts........

Thats (pretty Much) it.....so ............the choice is yours.

thanks guys, well not sure what im going to get yet, but i willing to pay 3000 on insurance, call me insane but i just love this car. Besides i just got a pay rise, what better way to spend it aye?

which ever i do get i will modify. what is the altezza like as one?

Tom

You might struggle to find insurance on the RS200

What sort of mods do you have in mind?

Wheels, suspension, engine, leather, ice etc etc

yea since some insurance company wont insure imports for under 25's unless your exisiting customer. Altezza looks are same as is200 only front grille differ & other little stuff. here a pic:here

pay £3k on insurance?! i wouldnt pay more than £2.5k on insurance for any car i rather wait till im 25 or over for high performance cars.

dunno how much insurance cost for altezza if your 20 but wont be cheap considering & 0 ncb, recent accident & thinking of modifications, depends what mods would just make very expensive even more expensive! wouldnt surprise me if it cost more than £3k all in! it be interesting to know how much it costs if u decide the altezza.

how you doing mate

im 24 have 0 ncb , licence for 7 years (still clean) and my insurance is 730 fully comp and i also have my missus on it as a named driver although she has 8 1/2 years ncb and over 25 it is still based on myself , in saying this i have 3 years ncb from being a sole user of a company vehicle.

All im saying is go to your local lexus garage test drive one and by the time you get back to the forecourt you'll be itching to get that registration doc signed cos thats what happened to me !!!!!

i now know 4 guys local to me who have seen and drove mine and have now went and bought one, the car has speed , looks , comfort, tuning potential and s**t loads of street cred !!! plus the girls luv em but sssshhhhhh dont tell my missus ive been checking that rear view mirror once to often !

so all im saying is BUY a damn is200 any model any spec to get you on the stepping stone , im now considering upgrading my model to a sport one next year or even a new 200/300 depends what house me and the other half decide to buy !

i was 19when i got my car mate, brand new IS200SE wit dvd based sat nav, dark blue, cream interior,debadged but wit gold badges, tints etc.

had it for 2yrs and 12days and sadly im gonna sell it end of the month

insurance- i paid £2300 wen i was 19 wit direct line, that was first time i had my insurance on my name, now paying £1300.

get one sit back, drive and smile as u c the looks and nods u get , and yeah the ladies do love em...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the cheapest i got quoted is from elephant.co.uk, at £1500 (cos of where i live, £150 if i didnt live in east london).

i'm 20 with 2yrs NCB, and 2 additional female drivers. (it cames out cheaper with female drivers).

really? so it worked out cheaper with female drivers, hows that work out? not sure which one i getting yet and what i can afford, idealy would like a brand enw one, but fat chance that happening, any idea's on colour? cos i am completly stuck... lol

Tom

Tom

The pics below this message in my sigature was my RS200 mate.... beautiful thing!!

as said before.... if your gonna tune, it makes perfect sense to get the altezza RS200 with the extra power and more choice regarding tuning...

if its refinement and a cruiser go for the is200.

hope you get a good enough quote for the RS200 mate... the more of us on here the merrier! :winky:

im 21 and have a lexus is s, its the bottom of the range model but that doesn't matter to me! apart from the rs200 all the uk is200's have the same engine! the s is the bottom of the range, se is middle of range has extra's like sun roof, heated seats etc. and the sport is the top of the range with the full works!

insurance is £930 fully comp for me, with 2 years no clains discount!

im modding my car as well, i started with the bottom of the range so that the insurance is as cheap as possible before the mods go ahead!

at the end of the day no matter what one you buy, your going to be happy!

jason