Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Coilovers?

TheDon

Well i met up with fargo on sunday and he put the idea of getting TTE coilovers on my car. I was considering this b4 but with the Teins.

but im realy not keen on the metalic noises that come thru the body shell with these other kits.

How good is the TTE kit? i know it will be good but compared to the Teins etc in performance, ride etc.

have tried doing a search but didnt come up with what i was after.

cheers guys

TTE should be much better.

The Tein SS are the cheapest in Tein's product line, so definitely not their best product.

Also, without the metal pillowtops, ride should be less rough and no metal noises ... :lol:

Where did Tein SS come from?

If you don't like the pillow mounts then what about the Tein CS - although the maximum drop is less and others.

what was the deal on them again scott, were they branded items..

Branded as in our own brand... "ASP"...

made in the same factory, by the same people as many of the coilovers people on here swear by :winky:

But, as your not paying for a name, for will be able to buy them for approx £500 per set.... ( Dependant on numbers...)

fully height and stiffness adjustable..... should have the sample set here soon, as i have a willing guinea pig waiting!! :D

I've spent some time in a car with TTE coilovers and I was impressed by the ride quality, nowhere near as harsh as I imagined they would be, and cornering is drastically improved - with the roll bars body roll is just about gone.

The one setting damping does feel pretty good - they've gone for a good mixture of performance against ride quality - not too harsh but definitely much better than standard suspension.

Haven't been in a car with the Teins on for a great distance so can't really comment on those mate.

Only thing I would say is that with a drop of 50mm it is very easy to catch stuff - speed bumps are hit and miss and also caught a couple of things on the road while I was in the car!

Only thing I would say is that with a drop of 50mm it is very easy to catch stuff - speed bumps are hit and miss and also caught a couple of things on the road while I was in the car!

You have left yourself wide open there for a comment on your physical attributes :P

:P

I know Col, this was how I scratched all the underneath of my car (at standard height) when there were 4 of us in the car at about 20 stone (ston) a pop!!!

The car looked good with just me in though! Was very low! OT but do you guys with coilovers roll the arches with 18" alloys as the one I saw was very close!!!