Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty

mcwatson

Would you pay for extended warranty when your car's standard one expires?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for extended warranty when your car's standard one expires?

• Yes
    • No
    • Standard warranty not expired yet
    • Not sure

My car is three years old on 21st Dec 04 and therefore the warranty expires. Always dreading something going wrong and costing a fortune to fix, I'm considering taking out extended warranty but when quoted £530 for the year, kinda making me wonder what to do. Like all insurances, your be pleased if something goes wrong but gutted if all okay as money spent for nothing!! Just wondered what everyone else does.... have people paid for it to cover their pride and joy or taken the risk?

Mine expires next week and to be honest I'm not sure what to do.

There's not a lot left on my car which is going to be covered by the standard warranty but the bits that are standard are going to be expensive if they fail, ie clutch, gearbox, engine etc.

Tempted to renew her for a few years but I'm brassic at the moment :(

when mine expired i went with the aa ,cost just £55 for the year and covers each claim up to £1000 ,i know this will not cover replacement of engine or box but to be honest they are bullit proof on these cars .Mine broke down last week and the aa bloke first thought it was the alternator and the warrenty covered the cost ,turned out to be the Battery in the end so did not claim.

Don't know for sure but from the brief discussion I had with them, its to pay the money up front. I've looked into the warranty direct option mentioned further up and that looks like the way I might go. For my car and to cover work being done by Lexus main dealers, they want either £248 for a year or £722 for 3 years which compared to Lexus direct, their 3 years is £1590. Looked at what they cover and it seems pretty extensive so I'd be very unlucky to come across a fault that isn't covered!! Some friends I've asked since have also used their service and have no complaints.

Yes the payments can be spread over 10 months - just watch what actual start date you get - they are good at using the application date instead of the requested start date ... :ph34r: