Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Camber All Sorted :)

aido

Tony, I asked for a print out but he said basically all the settings were at what you'd given me, he said it was difficult to get there but that is pretty much exactly what my car is reading now :)

I hven't got those other settings though I'm afraid. He did say when he started doing the fronts to the right toe settings the wheels looked like this:   /   \   - he said I wouldn't have been able to drive off as the alignment was so far out - now both are sorted it looks much better :lol:

He also advised I keep the piece of paper I wrote everything down on as he said it was excellent, and then it's in the glove box for next time I need it!

i'm really concerned, I work on a £13000 machine, the printout is proof that all is well, where is your cars fingerprint? all future adjustments will follow from this?

in addition when a car is lowerd the toe will go \ / not / \ just by the points of application alone.... Where are you? let me set up the geometry, for free..

I work in Watford herts

Tony i thought you only gave advise through your web-site i didn't know you could of actually done the settings..i would of come to you in the first place had i known,not that Abbey dont know what they're doing..far from it as they set up road/race cars all the time,and Watfords not that far away from me either and your advise has been spot on plus the fact you know the inhierant problems associated with the IS and you could of made yourself a few quid in the process.

:) :)

Sorry? i thought that you all knew... my offer still stands, the web site is built on solid 25 years hand's on exp.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to drop quite that much.. this is just an idea, but is there any chance of Tony creating a table? Obviously not all variations could be listed.. but a basic guide table? That way it could be added to the knowledgebase. Pick say normal load, half load & fully loaded... 20mm drop, 30mm drop, 40mm drop.. like I said, just an idea, but would save on it being repeated. Perhaps type of driving could be another variable?

I was thinking of 35mm drop for myself .. not too low ;)

The drop of the ride height will never be a problem, this will deny body roll and keep the centre of gravity low, the drop in height be it one inch or five will all be subject to recovering the geometry to the factory base settings, this base will be the cars fingerprint and from there you can then apply fine tuning, example wheel size, tyre width, body weight (human) driving style, and handling expectation will all need to be customized,

The maths

As an average IS200 one inch drop front = 45' negative. Camber

1/100 = 75' negative

toe/ total = 7mm negative

or 1 degree 10' negative

SAI will move to the max = + 30' per inch drop or so?

caster = more toward positive

Rear = 30' negative. Camber

1/100 = 50' negative

toe/ total= 4mm negative

or 40' negative

One last thing toe/out/on turns will increase by about 30' per inch, this will without doubt wear the inside of the outer tyre when turning left/ right

All the maths still don't allow for wheel size etc???? so it can be seen there is no absolute rule within geometry.

Tony

Guys, i'm booked in to go see Tony this Friday. Hopefully it gets on the ramp!

Will let you know how i get on.

Don't you worry i'll get it on the ramp...... some how? annoying thing is Jan/Feb we are moving to a purpose built alignment centre, but as i say...... some how?

Just got back..

The car is too low, simple as that :lol: Tony corrected the Toe, but the camber is over 3 degrees out! (all round!) So need camber adjusters. Couldn't budge the camber at all, no movement what so ever.. It was funny seeing it trying to get on the ramp :D

Anyway looking for some camber adjusters then i'll be back to Tony to get it right...

Mr Singh,we told ya your car was too low :lol:

Anything over -50mm(this is the limit on the IS)especially on the rear means you will need ,as you say...camber adjusters or you'll be wearing those tyres out very quickly.

Aido,they are aftermarket jobbies that allows you more adjustment to go even lower :yahoo:

Just got back..

The car is too low, simple as that :lol: Tony corrected the Toe, but the camber is over 3 degrees out! (all round!) So need camber adjusters. Couldn't budge the camber at all, no movement what so ever.. It was funny seeing it trying to get on the ramp :D

Anyway looking for some camber adjusters then i'll be back to Tony to get it right...

I did say i'll get it on the ramp some how........? it would have been easier to lower the world, than try to lift that car up??? lol, next time we should be in the new centre if not i will use the mot ramp, the loss of two or three £40 test's is not a problem, i said i will set the car up, and set it up i will... the problem with this car is that it has been lowerd to the max, and to be true i think it looks real good But

the upper parallograme of the car is so low the camber adjusters possition is out of reach toward real compensation, in fact the OSR camber was near 3d 58' and the worst camber on the car, so this became the first point of attack, but the cam only recoverd 58' so it became pointless adjusting the rest? nsr toe was 50' pos

front toe was neg/ and pos so the rack and steering wheel was offline this was all re-set, more work to be done but this car once set will set the standard (fact)

Tony

tony i'm about to get some new tyres and would like an alignment afterwards do i just email you and make a booking?

It's up to you? email or phone me at work 01923 234666 seems along way to come, i'm in watford? but whatever you do don't get a wheel alignment, get a full geometry... if you want to come to me i will sort it......for sure

i'd rather travel an hour or so for someone recommended then take a chance

thanks

OK, thanks for the trust... the way things need to work out is this, i work for a company that is going to move along with my method towards geometry, i needed someone to take a leap of faith so that any information i post on this site is valid and so are the applyed corrections? But all companies need to make money (sad or what) So what i propose is this for LEXUS owners club only,

Geometry test £25+ vat

Adjustments £16.50+vat each plus 50% discount, so in effect you only pay for half of the corrections, but all are guaranteed, payed for or not? fine tuning/ 1000 mile re-check and adjustments Free.... Today with Mr Singh we worked for two hours or so with the cars geometry and at the end of it all it cost him........Nothing but a hand shake? i'm not out to make a living from LEXUS and since LEXUS were the first to embrace my web site i will honour my written word for you all.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your efforts today, very impressed with your knowledge and willingness to teach :)

Here are some solutions i have been pointed to,

http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance...D=4&subCat2ID=3

Available here - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your efforts today, very impressed with your knowledge and willingness to teach :)

Here are some solutions i have been pointed to,

http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance...D=4&subCat2ID=3

Available here - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Ive heard these dont work.............

if they do, let me know, i need to sort my rear settings out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links