Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300se Ii Power Mode

lexlex1

The power mode is dam fast. But is it only for enjoyment or can it be used continuously on motorways and Dual A roads. Also is the consumption 16 mpg. I also find the ride is even smoother above 80 than in normal mode. Is it simply that the high revs make it fast as well as silky smooth. Also has anyone tested theirs to the max speed in power mode. (Private circuit I guess)

Power mode makes no difference to top speed and at 80 mph if you are not accelerating the revs will be the same as in normal mode.

Power mode can be used continuously and depending on how you drive the car it doesn't make the car less economical.

Yes, I use mine continuously. I started doing so about two months ago and mpg has not suffered in any way - there might even be a tiny improvement actually - but the car is more reponsive, obviously. Just leave it on.

16 mpg? Golly. Even when I'm SUPER leadfooted mine is never worse than 23 mpg, and usually in the high twenties low thirties. But we've dicussed this before...

I'm the same as Dipstick, have used the power mode for last 3 months........car is more responsive and there seems to be no difference in consumption................ oh and i've also stopped using Optimax as there feels no difference in any way to 95 ron

Yes. Thanks I agree its much more responsive. However, surely it would not be appropriate to use it in town/city urban driving conditions even if the consumption is not affected.

That is a personal choice.

If I'm in heavy stop/start traffic I use normal or even snow mode rather than power mode.

• 2 months later...
The power mode is dam fast. But is it only for enjoyment or can it be used continuously on motorways and Dual A roads. Also is the consumption 16 mpg. I also find the ride is even smoother above 80 than in normal mode. Is it simply that the high revs make it fast as well as silky smooth. Also has anyone tested theirs to the max speed in power mode. (Private circuit I guess)

Im a noob at this....what do you mean power mode?

• 1 month later...

Well its good to learn more about the Power mode from the topic in the main Gs300 forum. (Power setting - what does it do) I have mainly been using it on clear motorways when possible. You have to hear the revs to enjoy it. US info states 16 mpg in Power Mode some web/link I accessed. Too reluctant to sign up for the LOC Track Attack day circuit event. Watched too many F1 races. Good luck to Toyota this year.

most of my driving is heavy traffic, and the trip screen is saying my adverage mpg is 18.6 arrgghh!!

but its around the same as my IS maybe I should change my working hours to avoid the traffic :)

most of my driving is heavy traffic, and the trip screen is saying my adverage   mpg is 18.6 arrgghh!!

I'd kill for 18.6!!!

less than 16 at the moment :crybaby:

can tell fuel ecomony isn't a reason for buying these things! :D

Matt you are doing your best to put me of buying a 430 arn't you :lol:

Matt you are doing your best to put me of buying a 430 arn't you  :lol:

not really.

were you genuinely thinking "MMM!! Look at that GS430 - looks lovely, and I bet it gives me brilliant mileage around town!"

:lol::lol:

get one - you know it makes sense :winky:

matt_160.jpg

just get used to the siht of that little orange light ;)

Come to think of it i am well used to the orange light because everytime i go to use mine its always on ,what is it with women and petrol stations perhaps they should diguse them as clothes shops. :D

Matt don't supose you could edit your mpg to 40 as it will go a long way to convincing her the 430 is the way to go :lol:

Come to think of it i am well used to the orange light because everytime i go to use mine its always on ,what is it with women and petrol stations perhaps they should diguse them as clothes shops. :D

Matt don't supose you could edit your mpg to 40 as it will go a long way to convincing her the 430 is the way to go :lol:

Sorry mate :blush:

but anyway - for the record.

My GS430 not only gives me an average of 44.7 mpg when driving around town, it also has plenty of room in the boot for a full weekly shop from Sainsburies, yet leaving plenty of room for clothes, shoes and matching handbags.

hows that :winky:

:D much better ,she said how big is the vanity mirror  :lol:

the vanity mirror is a technological tour de force.

using patented cutting edge japanese technology, the passenger side vanity mirror is engineered to ensure that not matter who looks in, or what they are wearing - their bum does not look big in it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links