Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing IS200

who are you importing through.. i know of a really good dealer if you need one.. i have had experience with the dealer i know.

There are some great savings to be had.. plus alot more goodies too :)

does that include SVA?

Also look out for brake pads through SVA.. they are alot harder than the UK spec... but these can be changed easily.

If the Tyres are not E-stamped then they are illegal, so best wear those tyres out as quick as possible.

Tip to look out for to see if the car has been looked after. Look for red coolant in the water system.. if it is clean and Ribena red then there is a good chance that it will be looked after.

How old is your import?

i would strongly recomend you check the spec sheet of the car,i kow that in germany there is no "sport" model,make sure your car comes with

Limited Slip Diff

Sun roof

Chrome Pedals/sill plates

Darker rear glass

Lip spoiler

17" wheels

Chrome tip for exhaust

half leather seats

Head light washers

oneswoop are quoting 22-26 weeks and will take my car in part exchange as a seperate deal

I have tried a couple of uk dealers and they will not budge on the asking price. One dealer did offer to supply the car in the colour i want with no extra charge. i.e. free mica paint £375

i got my IS200 SPORT with full kit for £16600,however i must admit it was Tax Free:P

had to wait 6 months though cos it was a special order,so i did a deal with lexus and i got a new is200sport in black from them for the 6 months i was waiting............

My story goes thus--my local Toyota dealer offered to get one in April2001, this stretched on into July, then they said September and we went to the local Lexus man and still got a good deal and the car in a week. They warn that the car may not be full UK spec. i.e. no sunshine roof, no heated seats and the alarm/imobiliser may not be UK spec either. Hope you are lucky.

[Edited on 22-1-2002 by Wallace]

here goes,i had a blue sport with full kit i wanted a white so they traded my blue for the black cos the white was gonna take 6 months so they gave me the black for 6 months then i got my white all at no cost to me.........i get tax free cos of my job!!!:cool:;)

Well I've done it

One new Lexus IS200 Sport on the way from Oneswoop to UK Spec. - they promise

The specification with the contract is as per UK spec so i'm quite happy

Strathcarron Blue - not sure about this I preferred Royal Sapphire

Now i've just got to wait 5-6 months