Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit Has Just Arrived

Chris.S

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave why would i need you to fit the bulbs....i know how.?

I shall be swapping bulbs 2morrow,as i suspect its the ballast box,but we'll see.!!!

Pete,

what I've learnt very quickly doing this is the problem when something goes wrong & its a DIY fit...the question my suppplier askes is who fitted it.....think you can guess where the conversation goes......when i say DIY

So if I fit them if they go again I can get somewhat excited.........

little example..........

the Helix clutches...............they sent the wrong ones. agreed to replace then for free give refunds to everyone............sent them today..........billed me nearly £400.............so am in dispute with them but £400 poorer. my cusomers are happy but....

Agreed but.......mine have ben working for less than 12 hrs constant use,so mines not an issue with fitting.

The supplier said..........have the bulbs been touched by hand ??? I said the guy said not............they said can you be sure....

any excuse not to pay....so if I do it then they have no room for manouvere....

I know the effect of handling halogen bulbs.

How much are the bulbs.?

If it turns out to be the bulbs then im not going to be prepard to spend out on 3 or 4 sets of bulbs a year :angry:

Surly you can understand that.?

They should last as long as normal bulbs.

If I fit them and they go again in such a short time you will get another set free.

I'm trying my hardest to do the right thing for you.

I'm far from happy about the whole thing. I could have washed my hands of it but am phoning,emailing, shouting, asking people who are going to HK on business to meet with my suppier to get your replacement bulbs here by Tuesday............cut me some slack please.....my plan is a cunning one.

wonder if any other trader would be doing this :geek:

O.K....just checked on the HID's and it seems that its blown a fuse....

...but why.?

And b4 anyone says "what was you worried about",i had to make sure all bases were/are covered.

:D :D

may be sensible to check everything you can before going "public" in future :winky:

...but why.?

And b4 anyone says "what was you worried about",i had to make sure all bases were/are covered.

:D  :D

may be sensible to check everything you can before going "public" in future :winky:

Nope.....big bad "bull in a china shop" me,wont change........ever.!!!

Still dont explain why they blow though,do the 300's have this problem.

I dont think so. :winky:

...but why.?

:D  :D

Nope.....big bad "bull in a china shop" me,wont change........ever.!!!

Still dont explain why they blow though,do the 300's have this problem.

I dont think so. :winky:

think of the big bad wolf fairy tale Pete !

Think the post about voltage on start up may explain it. The kit comes with a few fuses....

It may of caused a blown Oem fuse as the current rating of these bulbs when first powered on per side is 10 amps + with the battery at about 12 volts, if your battery was say at 11 volts then the current will be slightly higher.

If the voltage drops then so will the current, not increase. However with the engine running the voltage would be about 14v so current will be around 11-12Amps. You may also find the surge current is even greater than that, just happens too quickly for a normal DVM to measure correctly.

If it happens again I would think about using relays again with a direct supply from the Battery.

It may of caused a blown Oem fuse as the current rating of these bulbs when first powered on per side is 10 amps + with the battery at about 12 volts, if your battery was say at 11 volts then the current will be slightly higher.

If the voltage drops then so will the current, not increase. However with the engine running the voltage would be about 14v so current will be around 11-12Amps. You may also find the surge current is even greater than that, just happens too quickly for a normal DVM to measure correctly.

If it happens again I would think about using relays again with a direct supply from the Battery.

current will rise if voltage falls !!

basic ohms law !!!

starting current for discharge lighting is estimated at 1.5 x normal load current

should be safe upping the fuse as the starting current is only for a minimal time

How about W=IV ( Power = Current x Volts ) :duh: :unsure:

That is fine. The power rating of a device is only for it's operating voltage so if you reduce voltage the power also goes down. If you reduce the voltage to a bulb or a motor is will get dimmer/slower. If the power remained the same and therefore the current increased it would stay at the same brightness/speed.